- Enschede (Overijssel)
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 0,8 fte
- max. 10 (€2.638,45 - €3.994,25)
0,8 fte = 32 uur
The research group Smart Functional Materials in collaboration with the education program fashion and textile technologies, is looking for an enthusiastic textile researcher, who wants to work in an ambitious group on applied research projects in the field of (technical) textiles. In addition, the candidate is expected to teach basic textiles.
- an enthusiastic teamplayer;
- flexible, hard working and ambitious mindset;
- creative and innovative mind;
- coaching and able to empathize with students?
Then this may be the job for you:
- Working in an ambitious, enthusiastic and divers research group that is focused on Smart and functional textiles;
- Working on the development of innovative functional technical yarns and/or woven materials;
- Working on various research projects with themes as for example energy storage, recycling, smart textiles and optical fibres;
- teaching of Fashion and Textile technologies students.
Your new work environment
Saxion is a University of Applied Sciences: an international knowledge institute with a focus on Living Technology. Saxion endeavors to offer young professionals the opportunity to gain experience in the application of the latest technological developments, during their study. Interdisciplinary cooperation is essential in this. Together, we strive to provide innovative and excellent tuition. As a staff member of Saxion, you are involved in a transformation process, keeping pace with our continuously changing society. Every day, you apply your knowledge and skills in a dynamic working and learning environment. Being inspired by your profession and our students, result-oriented, pro-active in knowledge-sharing, and autonomous in your work, are central qualities that are required.
The Fashion and Textile Technologies (F&TT) higher education program is unique in its focus on the future. At the end of the program, Students in our Bachelor of Sciences degree and know exactly how to apply your knowledge and skills in the international fashion and textiles industry. The future is all about innovation – and when it comes to innovation, Saxion is at the cutting edge.
The Master in Innovative Textile Development trains students to become an expert in textile innovation. The program focuses on innovation and sustainability in textiles. With this it provides a unique master program in the Netherlands and Western Europe.
The Smart Functional Materials research group focuses on research into the development and marketing of high quality textile and research into the conditions for innovations in functional materials. The research areas of this chair focus on this kind of choices. When companies develop products, they can set themselves apart from competition by applying knowledge, innovation and creativity. Making the connection between creativity, technology and business models is the core of a successful and distinguishing enterprise, where - again - functionality is the key word. This triangle is the core of our Smart Functional Materials chair. Furthermore, we respond to the recognition of the importance of knowledge and creativity of the textile industry for the Dutch economy and to the importance of materials technology too.
About our academy
The Academy of Creative Technology contains a wide variety of studies, ranging from informatics, to textiles, art and technology and gaming. We are aiming to provide our students with an accessible environment in which they can learn, experiment, using the latest technology in order to fully prepare them for a demanding industry
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- finished Master, preferably in Textile engineering, or technical studies with experience in textiles;
- Interested in performing applied research;
- interested in teaching;
- Able to apply your knowledge in a multi-disciplinary team that is focused on (technical) textiles;
- Experienced in working with textile processing and testing machinery;
- A great interest in textile innovation, for example in the areas of 3D printing, wearables, body mapping and Smart Textiles;
- A hands-on attitude, interested in especially the engineering side of textiles and you can handle a great load of tasks;
- Excellence in both written and spoken English?
Is this your job?
Apply quickly! Applications can be submitted until 31 August 2018. Click the button saying 'solliciteer', on the right of this screen, and fill out the application form.
What do we offer?
A position as a researcher/teacher. The employment is for one year, with a possibility of extension. Depending on your knowledge and experience, the salary is maximally € 4.094,11 gross per month (pay scale 10 cao-hbo) at a full-time working week. In addition, you receive 8% holiday allowance and a thirteenth month. Saxion is committed to equal opportunities and diversity.
Do you want more information about the position?
Additional information about this position can be obtained from Ir. Ger Brinks, Professor of the Smart Functional Materials Research group (06-22901777) or Eliza Bottenberg, coordinator/project manager Smart Responsive Textile research (06-83641219).
Please do not contact this employer with services or other commercial interests.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct