- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag
- Management / Leidinggevend, Onderwijsgevend
- Gepromoveerd, WO
- min. 1 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 12 (€4.122,09 - €5.301,29)
Do you have the aspirations to work with and lead an international and outstanding Law programme? And do you have the leadership skills to motivate a team of Law professionals as well? Then please join us in The Hague !
What exactly will you do?
As Team Leader you will work together with another Team Leader under the direction of the newly appointed Programme Director.
Team Leaders have three principal responsibilities. Firstly, the Team Leader acts as line manager to staff within the programme, notably ensuring a high quality R&O cycle. Secondly, Team Leaders play a crucial role problem solving as well as initiating and steering projects and portfolios within the programme. Team Leaders are expected to work in close collaboration with committees, special task holders and all staff.
Finally, since our society is changing at a rapid pace, The Hague University of Applied Sciences is looking for employees who are innovation-oriented and able to actively give direction and meaning to the development of their own personal and professional functioning, as well as educational innovation. You work together, in consultation with staff and students, to develop and implement the strategic vision and plan for the Law programme.
A number of responsibilities:
- Teaching one or more subjects from the Law curriculum;
- Coaching students as part of academic career coaching and projects;
- Supervising and assessing student interns and graduates;
- Carrying out, organising and coordinating special THUAS-wide and/or programme-specific projects.
For this vacancy we are looking for a Team Leader with good coaching, planning and organisational skills. In our team you act as an professional, a team player and networker, with a positive critical mind. You are competent with IT Tools. As this is an international Law programme fluency in English is required. And last, we don’t mind a bit of humour, we embrace it.
The team leader/senior lecturer reports to the programme director. This position is based on the ‘lecturer’ job profile, by which teaching and developing education comprises 30%-40% of the job and managing 60%-70%.
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
The Hague University of Applied Sciences wants to optimally prepare its students for the knowledge society of the 21st century, not only in their role as educated professionals but also, and equally important, in their role as a world citizen. The profile of The Hague as a large city plays a decisive role in this, the most important ingredients of which are globalisation, complexity, fragmentation and ‘super-diversity’.
The Hague University of Applied Sciences has undergone a transformation aimed at developing more direct profiling, improved educational quality, professionalisation and improved business operations. This development involves a steering change and internal configuration change. These changes are aimed at improving impact and leadership and creating a strong link between the degree programmes and professional field.
What we offer
The Law programme has a young, vivid and ambitious team with 40 faculty members, 2 team leaders. As of June the programme will be led by a newly appointed programme director. The team is built by very international and cross-cultural (16 different nationalities) highbrow law professionals who want to offer students an outstanding international law programme. The team welcomes two team leaders who work together with the new programme director in order to attain the next best level of higher education and contribute to an even better teamwork with our lecturers and colleagues of the Dutch Law programme (HBO-Rechten).
Do you also fit the job requirements below? Then we would like to invite you to apply for this vacancy.
- University degree LL.M, J.D.
- You have demonstrable experience with managing professionals in education or in the judicial professional field;
- You have experience with developing a professional culture.
- You contribute educational leadership to the team.
- You have demonstrable affinity with the field of Law and are able to confer with employees who work with the content on a daily basis.
- You have an excellent command of the English and Dutch language.
- You have intercultural communication skills and you can easily switch with diversity of people and roles.
Apart from this, we offer the following.
- A salary up to € 5.301,29 gross per month (scale 12) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. (The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education.)
- A full 13th month;
- An appointment of 1,0 FTE, 40 hours in a temporary position for a period of one year, with the possibility of extension;
- An easily accessible work space in The Hague, by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Holland Spoor station);
- The space and resources for professional and personal development;
- Knowledge development through attending symposiums, lectures and courses;
- A large network and a dynamic environment among young, motivated international students and employees within the higher education in a metropolitan context, national and international.
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is 26 June 2017
The interviews will be held during on 30 June 2017.
As a part of the second interview a presentation and/or teaching portfolio is required
Do you want more information?
For in-depth information about this vacancy, please contact Mrs. Petra Lindhout via e-mail P.E.Lindhout@hhs.nl or
Prof. dr. R.C.H. van Otterlo, Acting Programme Director, via e-mail at R.C.H.vanOtterlo@hhs.nl via phone +31 (0)6 42626229.
Want more information on the application process?
Then contact Resourcing on +31 (0)70-445 8612 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct