- Enschede / Deventer
- min. 0.8 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.658,64 - €5.026,85)
Do you have affinity for education and a passion for applied research? Saxion is developing a Software Engineering master's programme. We are looking for a teacher/researcher to contribute to the development of this master's degree programme. We are looking for software engineers to work with students and companies to help shape our research for many projects in our Ambient Intelligence research group (www.saxion.nl/AMI) .
Part time / Full time
0,8 – 1,0 fte = 32 – 40 hours per week
- a software engineer or IT specialist with a strong focus on software engineering;
- familiar with IT trends like Big Data technology, Internet of Things, AI (machine learning);
- a driven and enthusiastic team player;
- equipped with an enterprising and strong character capable of coping well with changing circumstances;
- an IT specialist who is interested in other cultures and wishes to delve further into this?
And do you have
- a master's degree or PhD in the field of IT (Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Embedded Systems);
- an affinity for education and research;
- a didactic certification for Higher Education or are you prepared to get one;
- good oral and written communication skills in both Dutch and English
- knowledge and experience with OOP, Java, Python, C#, C++, system architectures?
Then you will be
- contributing to the development of the new Software Engineering master's programme;
- contributing to the implementation of applied research in diverse projects for the research group, Ambient Intelligence;
- delivering education to our ICT programmes in Enschede and Deventer.
Your new working environment
The world is getting smarter. Every day we see products, services and solutions that were not there the day before. Saxion believes that people need to be at the centre of this process. This demands enthusiastic, collaborative employees who dare to move with the changing world and put the student at the centre of a culture of Continuous Improvement.
That is why we prepare our students in various ways for their future role in this ever changing society. Our pledge is to 'Get Ready for a Smart World". We work according to the 'Lean' philosophy, taking a student perspective, to operate smarter, better and differently.
At Saxion, students learn how their field of study is influenced by innovations and how they can apply technology to achieve the best results. Our research distinguishes itself by focusing on the interaction between humankind and technology. Saxion's approach ties in well with the strong growth of the high-tech manufacturing industry, in which the eastern part of the Netherlands is taking a leading role. Students and researchers come with surprising views and smart solutions to issues encountered by companies and organisations. These solutions have a high impact on people and their living environment; life becomes easier, more agreeable, more affordable, more sustainable.
The School of Creative Technology is a very active learning institution. With four existing Bachelor programmes and a Master's programme, we provide a wide range of courses to prepare students for a dynamic professional field. The combination of creativity and technology forms the basis for our programmes and guarantees a lively teaching and working environment. An open and accessible atmosphere is one of the hallmarks of our school. Developing the talents of both students and staff is our top priority.
Information & Communication Technology (HBO-ICT) is a multifaceted degree programme given in Dutch in Enschede and Deventer. In addition, in Deventer, we also offer an International Software Engineering programme and a part time programme (Saxion Part time School) towards Business IT. Around 1200 students and more than 60 members of staff are engaged at HBO-ICT. The degree programme Information & Communication Technology is linked to the research groups, Ambient Intelligence, Smart Cities and Social Security.
What we offer
A position as Teacher/Researcher 1, in which you will work independently in a socially relevant and dynamic organization. There is plenty of room for initiatives and development. Initially, this will be on the basis of a one-year contract, with the possibility of an extension. Depending on your knowledge and experience, your salary will be € 4,892.31 maximum (salary scale 11 in the collective labour agreement for the higher education sector [cao-hbo]), based on a full working week. In addition, you will receive a holiday allowance of 8% and an additional month's salary. Saxion aims for diversity amongst its team members.
Does this sound like your new job?
Apply now! To apply, click the button on the right of this page and complete the application form before 31 August 2020. The interviews will take place online, via Microsoft Teams.
Would you like to know more about this vacancy?
Contact Hesther Hemssems, Programme manager HBO-ICT, tel: 06-2345 8369.
Please do not contact this employer with services or other commercial interests
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct