- Hogeschool der Kunsten Den Haag
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- min. 0.1 fte, max. 0.4 fte
- max. 11 (€3.560,72 - €4.892,31)
The position entails:
• teaching main subject students from the Bachelor, Master and Artist Certificate programmes
• helping students prepare for orchestral auditions, including audition training and sectional rehearsals for the orchestra
• involvement in preparing students for participation in the Orchestra Master
• participating in the assessment of examinations
• engaging in continuous professional development
• aligning teaching activities with the mission and vision of the Royal Conservatoire
The Royal Conservatoire in The Hague has an ambitious goal: to train tomorrow’s artists. We help students develop their artistic and creative talents to the highest possible standard. We foster excellence, critical capacity, and creativity in our students by continually challenging them to pursue new paths and directions in professional practice. The Classical Department states its claim in sheer size, student and teacher quality. International projects in connection with famed orchestras and ensembles make for a profesionally oriented study environment. Master specializations in Orchestral Music and Ensemble Playing, an international Chamber Music Master's, and minors in Early Music, Conducting and Composition provide students with extensive possibilities to tailor their studies to their individual talents and ambitions. While departments each have their own strengths, they are closely connected to a pioneering spirit in which interplay between tradition and innovation form the starting point.
For the teaching team of the Classical Department we are looking for a motivated teacher for orchestral parts – violin.
Profile The ideal candidate:
• is a dynamic musical personality with great artistic and pedagogical ability
• has ample experience as a violinist in a professional orchestra, with broad knowledge of orchestral repertoire
• has demonstrable affinity with the vision of the Royal Conservatoire to “educate artists with high artistic values and an open inquisitive mind”
• has teaching experience in higher music education
• has a vision on the role of the artist in the 21st century
• shows interest in the relation between with performance and research
• is able to work individually as well as in a team
• holds a Master of Music or equivalent (foreign) diploma
• is proficient in English and able to operate in an international environment
Conditions of employment The expected teaching load is part-time in nature, is to be determined and depends on the number of newly enrolled students. Appointment and remuneration are in accordance with the collective agreement for higher professional education (cao-hbo, salary scale indication 11).
Information and application
Applicants interested in the position are expected to apply on the basis of the information provided in the description. A first selection will be made after the closing date, after which applicants are informed on the status of their application.
Letters accompanied by a detailed CV are to be submitted to email@example.com by February 1st 2020. A performance, interview and trial lesson are part of the application procedure.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct