- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Gepromoveerd, WO
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0.6 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 12 (€5.122,09 - €6.698,86)
- Stafdienst (algemeen), Techniek
You are an expert in Supply Chain Management (SCM) and would like to share your expertise with others. Working as a senior lecturer at the Academy for Built Environment & Logistics (ABEL) of Breda University of Applied Sciences (BUas) gives you this opportunity. You will teach, supervise and develop course materials for our master programme Supply Chain Management. You will put your working experience and network contacts to use, help build our research agenda and educate the next generation. No better place to do all this than at our green, sustainable campus and specialist, small-scale institute nearby the city centre of Breda.
About this job
As a senior lecturer your main teaching assignment will be for the master in Supply Chain Management programme of the Academy for Built Environment & Logistics (ABEL) where you will be responsible for (parts of) the curriculum and development. In a tight-knit team of co-lecturers, you will continuously develop and innovate the master’s programme, in the field of supply chain strategy. You will supervise and coach students e.g. with their master and/or bachelor thesis. You will also teach courses at the logistical bachelors of the academy.
Given the international nature of our university of applied sciences, the majority of lectures are taught in English. Our way of teaching consists of an interaction between theory and practice, requiring a flexible teaching approach. In some cases students may need more theoretical lectures and other times you provide students with case studies as a way of learning. Topics you may be asked to teach besides supply chain strategy possibly include supply chain modelling, data-driven supply chains and/or change & innovation management.
Besides lecturing, you will conduct applied research. Research projects in cooperation with industry enable us to maintain a state-of-the-art curriculum and a leading position in education, while preserving our strong relations with industry. Topics that are currently part of our research agenda include sustainable last-mile logistics, resilient supply chains, and digitalization in supply chains. Research projects in cooperation with industry enable us to maintain a state-of-the-art curriculum and a leading position in education, while preserving our strong relations with industry.
You will be part of a small team of passionate educators, constantly striving to improve the one-year master programme in Supply Chain Management, by connecting professional field, state-of-the-art research and educational excellence. Together, we use a positive can-do attitude and sense of humour to educate, motivate, and convey our passion to the approximately 30 master students that we graduate each year.
What do we offer?
- This position is valued at level 12 of the CAO HBO (collective labour agreement). Your official job title will be that of senior lecturer;
- The salary for this position amounts to a monthly minimum of € 5,122.09 and a maximum of € 6,696.86 (gross amounts based on full-time employment);
- This position involves a one-year employment contract with the possibility of conversion into an indefinite employment contract;
- Your commuting expenses will be fully reimbursed when you travel by public transport;
- You will receive compensation for health insurance;
- You will receive an end-of year benefit of 8.3% and an annual holiday allowance of 8%;
- You will also be awarded professional development hours every year and almost eleven weeks of holiday entitlements in a full-time position;
- You will be working at a top-ranked university of applied sciences on a green, sustainable campus near the city centre of Breda;
- You will be working in a close-knit team of lecturers with knowledge and experience of the subject matter;
- Working at ABEL also offers crossovers to other interesting knowledge areas within Built Environment and Logistics;
- With this position you get the chance to further shape our new programme which started this academic year;
- Moving from abroad to Breda in the Netherlands? We provide support and financial reimbursements in the case of relocation and settling-in in the Netherlands. Dutch tax authorities may offer tax reduction to applicants from abroad (which makes tax rates comparable to the UK and US).
What do we ask of you?
- You are passionate and you would like to share this passion with our students and colleagues. You have creative and fresh ideas on how to share this information and knowledge;
- You have extensive knowledge about and working experience in supply chain management/ strategy. Experience with supply chain modelling, data-driven supply chains and/or change & innovation management is preferred
- You have teaching experience within higher education or are willing to obtain a didactics certificate;
- You hold a Master or preferably a PhD degree relevant to the position. In case of a master degree you have relevant (international) working experience within the area of supply chain management. In case of a PhD this working experience is preferred;
- You are interested in conducting research which include subjects as sustainable last-mile logistics, resilient supply chains, and digitalization in supply chains;
- You have skills in applied research projects, coordinating project work and project management;
- You are a team player and able to further develop the curriculum from a proactive attitude;
- You will be working in an international and intercultural setting. Therefore, having excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
The application process
Please send us your application before 11 October 2023 via the online application form (see link on this page). Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact Albert Mandemakers (Coordinator master’s programme supply chain management) via email@example.com with questions about the job itself, or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the application process.
You will receive a reply to your application two weeks after the closing date at the latest. The application process consists of two job interviews. The interviews will be held on campus with a Member of the Management Team, Albert Mandemakers and the co-lecturers. Among candidates with equal qualifications and experience, preference will be given to the internal candidate.
External recruiters need not inquire.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct