- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- Onderzoek / Lector
- min. 0,4 fte, max. 0,4 fte
- max. 12 (€4.122,09 - €5.301,29)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
The Faculty of Health, Nutrition & Sports is seeking a seniorlecturer for the new International Sport Management (ISPM) programme. The International Sport Management programme is a three year Bachelor degree programme. Students can only enroll when they have an IB-diploma or equivalent Dutch VWO diploma. Lecturers, students, content, and delivery will embody the international and multi-cultural dimensions of the programme. ISPM is offered in the state-of-the-art sport and educational facility Sport Campus Zuiderpark, set in the globally connected living laboratory of the Hague “City of Peace and Justice”.
As a lecturer, you:
- Teach the following courses to first year students: Management & Organisation, Sports (ball sports as a tool for developing management skills), Sport Marketing, Sport Economics.
- Develop and teach the following subjects to second year students: Entrepeneurship 1 and 2, Human Resource Management, Legal Issues in Sport.
- Develop, in close collaboration with colleagues, units to build out a new curriculum for year 2 and 3. Curricular design will be based on case histories and experiences enabling the students to learn applicable theory, understand political/economic/social/historical relationships, perceive the value of classroom and assignment requirements, and skillfully apply this gained knowledge to current industry needs/trends;
- Develop course objectives, outlines, syllabi, and lecture materials consistent with educational course outcomes;
- In collaboration with the development team, design a variety of group and individual testing methods such as oral presentations, essays, open book exams, video presentations, demonstrations of management skills, and multiple-choice exams. International and/or intercultural aspects will be embedded in all assessments;
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience teaching international topics in a multicultural classroom;
- Are able to design a curriculum using classroom, virtual, and hybrid methodologies.
Working at the Hague University of Applied Sciences
The Hague University of Applied Sciences is at the heart of society. We offer a high-quality and innovative higher professional education and aim to set the standard in global citizenship, internationalization and the network society. These themes serve as the guidelines for the development of our education, research and the organization of The Hague University of Applied Sciences. Our goal is to optimally prepare our students for the global society of the 21st century, not only in their role as educated professionals but also, and equally important, in their role as world citizens.
Do you want to know more about the faculty?
The multi-cultural Faculty of Health, Nutrition & Sports aims to connect education and research to societal needs on local, national and international levels. Our faculty combines seven programmes: Nutrition & Dietetics, Skin Therapy, Nursing, Physical Education, Human Movement Technology, Sport Management and the new International Sport Management programme. All programmes educate a new generation of health, nutrition and sports professionals.
Candidates must have a completed Master's degree in Sport Management, Sport Business, Sport Administration, Sport Policy, or Related Field. Candidates with a PhD are welcomed to apply as well. Furthermore, candidates must have (minimum) 3 years’ experience as a lecturer in Higher Education.
- Experience in and knowledge of the fields mentioned below:
- General Sports Management
- Sports Business (Marketing, Economics, Entrepeneurship)
- Sports (as a tool for developing management skills)
- Has experience in educational curriculum development;
- Has work experience in the field of Sport Management;
- Fluent English speaker (not necessarily first language);
- Passionate about sport and education with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Possess knowledge of current developments in related fields of specialization with the ability to keep up-to-date on research or market changes to maintain current working knowledge;
- Exhibit flexibility to support programmatic agility, and contribute/present innovative ideas to combine traditional educational schedules with dynamic industry schedules;
- Possess an international academic and professional network in the world of sport.
What we offer
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the CAO-HBO;
- The salary for this 0,4 fte position is a maximum of €5301,24 gross per month (scale 12 in full-time employment, excluding 8% holiday allowance and a full 13th month’s salary);
- Appointment initially will be for a one-year period.
- The position is available from August 1 2018 onwards (or sooner when the selected candidate is available at an earlier date).
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is 19 April 2018. Interviews will be held on 30 April 2018.
Do you want more information?
For in-depth information about this vacancy, please contact Mrs. Claudia Makumbe via e-mail: email@example.com. Want more information on the application process? Then contact Pamela Leidsman, Resourcing Advisor on +31 (0)70-445 8612 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct