- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- min. 0,6 fte, max. 0,6 fte
- max. 12 (€4.122,09 - €5.301,29)
What exactly will you do?
The Faculty of Health, Nutrition & Sports is seeking a Senior Lecturer for the new International Sport Management (ISPM) programme. The International Sport Management programme is a three year Bachelor degree programme. Students can only enroll when they have an IB-diploma or equivalent Dutch VWO diploma. Lecturers, students, content, and delivery will embody the international and multi-cultural dimensions of the programme. ISPM is offered in the state-of-the-art sport and educational facility Sport Campus Zuiderpark, set in the globally connected living laboratory of the Hague “City of Peace and Justice”.
A number of responsibilities:
- Teach the following courses to first year students: Management & Organisation, Leadership, Sports (as a tool for developing management skills), Sport Marketing and Personal Professional Development;
- Develop, in close collaboration with colleagues, units to build out a new curriculum for year 2 and 3. Curricular design will be based on case histories and experiences enabling the students to learn applicable theory, understand political/economic/social/historical relationships, perceive the value of classroom and assignment requirements, and skillfully apply this gained knowledge to current industry needs/trends;
- Develop course objectives, outlines, syllabi, and lecture materials consistent with educational course outcomes;
- In collaboration with the development team, design a variety of group and individual testing methods such as oral presentations, essays, open book exams, video presentations, demonstrations of management skills, and multiple choice exams. International and/or intercultural aspects will be embedded in all assessments;
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience teaching international topics in a multicultural classroom;
- Are able to design a curriculum using classroom, virtual, and hybrid methodologies.
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them. Their whole lives.
As a University of Applied Sciences we stand in the middle of society and we also want to reflect this. In addition to our diversity amongst students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values the same type of diversity in her staff and among students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population in which equal opportunities stand out.
Do you want to know more about the faculty?
The multi-cultural Faculty of Health, Nutrition & Sports aims to connect education and research to societal needs on local, national and international levels. Our faculty combines seven programmes: Nutrition & Dietetics, Skin Therapy, Nursing, Physical Education, Human Movement Technology, Sport Management and the new International Sport Management programme. All programmes educate a new generation of health, nutrition and sports professionals.
For this vacancy we are looking for candidates with a completed Master's degree in Sport Management, Sport Administration, Sport Policy, or Related Field. Candidates with a PhD are welcomed to apply as well. Furthermore, candidates must have (minimum) 3 years’ experience as a lecturer in Higher Education.
Do you also fit the job requirements below? Then we would like to invite you to apply for this vacancy.
- Experience in and knowledge of the fields mentioned below:
- General Sports Management
- Sports Business (Marketing and Media)
- Sports (as a tool for developing management skills)
- Has experience in educational curriculum development;
- Has work experience in the field of Sport Management;
- Fluent English speaker (not necessarily first language);
- Passionate about sport and education with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Possess knowledge of current developments in related fields of specialization with the ability to keep up-to-date on research or market changes to maintain current working knowledge;
- Exhibit flexibility to support programmatic agility, and contribute/present innovative ideas to combine traditional educational schedules with dynamic industry schedules;
- Possess an international academic and professional network in the world of sport.
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is 20 August 2017. Interviews will be held on 24 August 2017.
What we offer
- A salary up to €5301,24 gross per month (scale 12) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. (The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education.)
- A full 13th month.
- An appointment of0,6 FTE, 24 hours in a temporary position for a period of one year.
- A generous leave policy of about 45 days for a full-time appointment including the compulsory free days and excluding the national holidays.
- A large network and a dynamic environment among young, motivated international students and employees within the higher education in a metropolitan context, national and international.
Do you want more information?
For in-depth information about this vacancy, please contact Mrs. Rosalie Schimmel-Van Helden via e-mail at R.M.email@example.com. Want more information on the application process? Then contact Resourcing on +31 (0)70-4458612 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct