- Hogeschool Rotterdam
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0,6 fte, max. 1 fte
- min. 10 (€2.638,45 - €3.994,25), max. 13 (€4.721,54 - €5.750,90)
The Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) is looking to recruit a part-time or full-time talented and committed teacher to our Computer Science bachelor programme. Our focus is embedded software/systems engineering. This position is a challenging opportunity for academics in the field of security engineering.
We aim to provide our students with a mix of expertise in the field of Computer Science. You will help in the execution and further development of our course programme. Through your expertise and experience, you can teach security engineering as a coherent body of knowledge and skills, as well as integrate security into the other courses in the curriculum.
Do you have experience with embedded systems security, and are you interested in becoming part of our team?
- The team is a diverse mix of people from different fields.
- You will have the opportunity to work with students on practical and real-life programming and IT challenges.
- You will have the opportunity to co-develop courses, materials, and projects.
- We expect teachers to continually develop themselves by visiting congresses, following courses, and contributing to practical research.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences is a dynamic knowledge institute for higher professional education.
Over 30,000 students and around 3,000 members of staff are pursuing their career here - the typical Rotterdam way: through our Rotterdam Educational Model we provide practice-focused, well-considered, flexible education that allows all of our students and staff to play an important role in real, innovative projects. We teach them how to play that role and provide them with the necessary tools: an expert view, a lot of nerve, and a result-focused approach.
The Computer Science programme is part of the School of Communication, Media, and Information Technology (CMI), located in the centre of Rotterdam, at the Wijnhaven. You will be part of a team from various backgrounds and fields.
- You are an MSc or PhD student or already have a master/doctoral degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- You have a strong work ethic: sense of teamwork, flexibility, work well with students, independence.
- You are willing to actively pursue personal growth and development through training and education.
- You have a good command of the English language; Dutch language is a plus.
- You are approachable and can relate to students’ concerns.
- You are able to see the bigger picture, because, as a quality attribute, security is important in many places in the curriculum.
- You have detailed knowledge of cryptography, computer security, network security, application security, and the human factor, and are aware of related attacks and defences, because we believe that students should have a broad and solid basis.
- You can implement security in the software and hardware development lifecycle, because we see process as an important element of security.
- You have experience with vulnerability discovery and disclosure, ideally having CVEs to your name, because students should have real-world examples to learn from.
Additionally, for the position of Associate Professor:
- Strong familiarity with the information security research field.
- Ideally, you have a personal network in the area of information security research.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a fixed term contract (one year D4, part-time or full-time) with the possibility of extension. The salary range is HBO-CAO grade 10 (€ 2.638,45 minimum and € 3.994,25 maximum per month) for full-time employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training opportunities, an attractive pension scheme, and a proper work/life balance. Depending on experience and aptitude, placement in salary scale 11 (max € 4.661,12) or scale 12 (max € 5.301,29) is a possibility. For the Associate Professor position the salary range is HBO-CAO grade 13 (€ 4.721,54 minimum and € 5.750,90 maximum per month).
For more information concerning the position or the selection procedure, please contact Erik van Dijk program manager, at +31 10 794 50 63 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct