- Hogeschool van Amsterdam
- Onderwijsgevend, Onderzoek / Lector
- min. 0.4 fte, max. 0.4 fte
- max. 11 (€3.658,64 - €5.026,85)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
The Centre of Expertise Urban Technology of the Faculty of Technology, Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS/HvA) is looking for a
Researcher Digital Production (0,4 fte)
For our Digital Production Research Group (DPRG)
You will be involved in the project: Circular Wood for the Neighborhood. In this project the DPRG is investigating with partners (Ymere, Rochdale, Metabolic, TNO, TU Delft and many others) how to give new life to wood that is released during housing building renovations. Researchers are using robots to make the circular applications of waste wood, in a viable and efficient way. The project is already running for a year. We are looking for a researcher who can work with the current team on several applied case studies, this includes designing and making prototypes, guiding interns and calculating the impact of designs (with the KPI framework which has been developed in the project).
You are an experienced computational design and digital fabrication researcher with a relevant master and/or academic / practical background in architecture or engineering (preferably ‘mechatronica and robotica’, building engineering or industrial design engineering). Includes:
• Advanced 3D modelling
• Experience with Rhino, Grasshopper and Adobe Cloud
• Experience with making and building (models, prototypes, CNC technologies)
• Experience in robotic production (preferably with a specific focus on non-standard timber assemblies/structures).
Dutch is the language of instruction at the AUAS but within the international team of DPRG English is spoken so we expect you to have relevant skills in both languages, or the willingness to learn Dutch. With your passion for research you can inspire your students and team members. You are a creative thinker, innovator, and motivator.
Where will you be working
The Centre of Expertise Urban Technology focuses with our research on the important urban challenges towards a climate neutral, resilient and smart city. The Digital Production Research Group (DPRG) explores the potential impact of advanced design and manufacturing technologies (also known as ‘Digital Production’) in addressing societal challenges. The group carries out Research and Educational activities at the Robot Studio, in relation to three profiling themes of the Faculty of Technology: Smart Industry, Circular Transition and Designing Future Cities.
Talent as a basis, diversity as a strength
The AUAS wants to be an organization in which everyone feels welcome, appreciated and at home. As an employer, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we can perform as a knowledge institution of and for the city. We therefore strive to see the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives that Amsterdam has to offer reflected in the workforce of our university. If you have tips on how we can improve our communication in the field of diversity and inclusion, let us know.
What you can expect from us
• To start with a pleasant workplace in a driven team;
• Your activities will be part of the organizational function of Researcher 3 and is remunerated at salary scale 11(Collective Labor Agreement for Universities of Professional Education).
• The maximum gross monthly salary for this position is € 5026,- gross for a full-time appointment.
• Your salary will depend on your level of education and experience.
• This is a temporary vacancy for one year. Preferably starting date will be in August 2021.
• The AUAS offers an extensive package of employee benefits,
• The AUAS offers free and unlimited access to the training offer of our online learning environment GoodHabitz.
Want to know more about this job opportunity?
Feel free to contact Tony Schoen email@example.com, project leader CW4N project. (applications submitted directly to the point of contact or in any other manner will not be processed.)
Will you be our new colleague?
Convince us! Click on the link below to apply before the 2th of July 2021.
What else you need to know
• All interviews will be conducted in English;
• First interviews will take place in the first week of July 2021;
• When applying, please make sure to send your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org;
• This vacancy has been published simultaneously internally and externally. In the event of equivalent suitability, internal candidates will be given preference over external candidates.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct