- Avans Hogeschool
- Onderzoek / Lector
- WO, Gepromoveerd
- min. 0.8 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€4.234,28 - €5.936,77)
As the world must move towards a full scale energy and materials transition you will join us in investigating the use of renewable instead of fossil based raw materials and feedstocks.
Imagine that the year is 2073: the current landscape of old and tired petrochemical companies has been revived by the advent of new, fresh multinationals that fully focus on the use of renewable energy and raw materials.
How did this monumental transition come to pass? What societal, commercial, judicial and technical transitions made this possible? In particular, how was this transition financed, how did investors come to invest in these long term and capital intensive new industries? In the research group Biobased Transitions we aim to investigate these and related questions. We will try and dig deep, if needed we will not avoid controversy. Specific activities include:
- Investigation of the prerequisites of successful (and failed!) examples of large scale biobased transitions.
- Research and disseminate our findings for both an academic and a more general audience.
- Delivering (un)sollicited advice to both SMEs and authorities on successful implementation strategies.
Your position as a Researcher Biobased Transition within Avans
The research group is situated within the Center of Expertise MNEXT, a joint undertaking of Avans University of Applied Science and HZ University of Applied Sciences. The research group is new which means there is ample scope to show initiative and explore new ideas.
Our offer for you
An environment with the freedom to expand yourself, to discover and improve; that’s how we get the best out of you. We continuously facilitate your development, which results in your contribution to our technical and content professionalisation. We also offer:
- A monthly salary of minimal € 4,234.- up to a maximum of € 5,936.- gross, based on a fulltime position (scale 11 in the collective labour agreement for Higher Professional).
- A year-end bonus, which is approximately equal to a 13th month.
- A contract for 1 year, with the possibility of extension depending on performance.
- Plenty of freedom in your work, with the option of working partly from home.
- A good work-life balance and comfortable workspaces.
You fit right in
Your commitment to mitigating climate change is evident through your desire to contribute to the energy and material transitions. Your enthusiasm and positive energy are contagious, inspiring colleagues and students alike. There's a strong drive within you to evolve both personally and professionally, and you openly share this growth journey with those around you. On top of this you have:
- A MSc or a PhD in for example chemical technology, finance and business, strategic management.
- Some work experience, for example in (petro)chemistry or as business consultant.
- The ability to work open-minded and unbiased.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, preferably also Dutch.
- A willingness to go out there and ask difficult questions.
Since this is a new role we invite candidates with a comparable but different background to apply as well.
Large, but small-scale. Involved. Personal. That is what Avans is. Here you can be yourself. Your unique ideas and insights are given plenty of space with Avans. This goes well with our learning and enterprising way of thinking. We offer flexible education and research in co-creation with the work field. And we continuously adapt to the world around us. Discover Avans as employer via these stories.
Contribute to our research
Do you see yourself in a position with Avans and would you like to contribute to further professionalise our research and (the link to) education? Apply to this vacancy until 5-12-2023 at the latest via the ‘application button’. In your application letter, motivate why you feel like taking this position and what makes you a great fit. Do you have questions on the content of this position? Please contact Martijn Zieverink, Lector Biobased Transitions, via firstname.lastname@example.org / 088-5250394. Within 2 weeks after closing the vacancy we update you on your application.
We find our candidates ourselves, therefore we do not deal with acquisition.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct