- Ondersteunend / Staf
- min. 0.8 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 10 (€3.018,49 - €4.569,57)
- Stafdienst (algemeen), Techniek
Do you want to be a project manager in a leading and innovative applied research group with ambitious, dynamic, diverse and international research engineers? Then this job is for you!
Parttime / Fulltime
1 position 0,8 - 1,0 fte = 32 - 40 hours
- ambitious and always delivering promised results on time;
- having a systematical and methodical approach;
- having an eye for details without overlooking the high-level goal;
- affinity to the field of robotics, mechatronics and AI;
- flexible and always looking for (creative) solutions;
- communicates clearly and engages all stakeholders actively and consistently?
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- at least two years of experience as a project manager (industry or academia);
- excellent communication skills, with various stakeholders (research engineers, professors, network partners), preferably in a technical field;
- demonstrable experience in networking with industry;
- experience in applied research is a strong PLUS?
Then this may be the job for you:
- plan and manage multiple research projects, together with technical leads and (associate) professors, in the research line of Smart Industrial Systems or Unmanned Robotic Systems (2 positions);
- mobilizing resources and coordinate researchers and consortium to get the best out of the team;
- communicate with the customer(s), research engineers and other stakeholders to align expectations and personal plannings;
- deliver timely financial reports and other quality deliverables of the project;
- contribute to the coaching of junior project managers;
- initiate new projects independently or together with technical leaders and (associate) professors of the group;
- in consultation: execute your own research activities.
Your new working environment
At Saxion we delve into future developments, look beyond our disciplines and borders and stimulate innovation. By doing this together we contribute to a smarter, safer and more sustainable world. We consider the significance of technological innovations and how they can contribute to humanity, society and our planet. We teach our students to look at social issues from a broad perspective and to come up with practical solutions. This means having enthusiastic employees who keep pace with the ever-changing world. You get to work on future-oriented and inspiring education and research: work that really matters. Thanks to your enterprising attitude and expertise you will make a valuable contribution to our applied university and the professionals of tomorrow.
You will feel at home at Saxion
We are an open organisation with and for talent. We help each other, share our knowledge and continuously improve our education, research and organisation. At Saxion you can work on location and from home. We have excellent arrangements for hybrid working. We will present you with challenges and lots of options to get the most out of your work and private life, so that you feel at your best. By choosing Saxion you will have a varied job in an organisation where you feel welcome and where you can be yourself. We will give you the time and space you need for your own professional and personal development. Working with us means being constantly on the move in a way that suits you best. We have excellent facilities for career development, increasing your deployment options.
At the School, Life Science, Engineering & Design (LED), we train technical professionals who can undertake interdisciplinary work, innovate and apply technologies in conjunction with one other. We believe it is important to interweave social issues and research into education. That is why in the domains of Life Science and Engineering intensive collaboration between research, education and the professional field takes place, in which students are also closely involved. We offer an inspiring and effective learning, work and research environment, focused on applied technologies and recent (inter)national developments in the broad professional field. LED delivers applied research and education to approximately 2.700 students and employs approximately 230 employees. Education within the School centres takes place in the following study programmes: Bachelor: Biology & Medical Laboratory Research; Chemistry; Chemical Engineering; Forensic Science; Industrial Design Engineering; Computer Science; Engineering Physics; Electrical and Electronic Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Mechatronics. Master: Applied Nanotechnology and Robotics Systems Engineering. AD: Engineering.
Research within the School takes place in eight research groups: Lightweight Construction, Sustainable Energy Systems, Industrial Design, International Water Technology, NanoBio Interface, NanoPhysics Interface, Mechatronics and Technologies for Criminal Investigations.
The research group of mechatronics at Saxion is the largest research group, in which applied research and innovative solutions are developed in the research programs of Unmanned Robotic Systems and Smart Industrial Systems, with specializations in sensing &perception, control &manipulation, and cognition &AI. Together with the regional and (inter)national partners, the group develops innovative, impactful and applicable technologies and technological solutions based on the latest scientific insights. The research group is active in several projects involving more than 100 public and private partners. Currently, the research group employees more than 30 research engineers, and more 300 students are involved in the running projects annually.
What do we offer?
We offer an exciting position in which you work independently in a socially relevant and dynamic organization. There is plenty of room for initiatives and development. You get a temporary appointment as Project leader 5. The position is initially for the duration of one year with an option for extension. Your salary is, depending on your knowledge and experience, up to € 4.569,56 gross (scale 10 - cao-hbo) with a full working week. In addition, you will receive 8% vacation allowance, a year-end bonus of 8.3%, the opportunity for a generous number of days off and excellent facilities to work from home. You will also have the opportunity to continue to develop yourself both personally and professionally by following internal and/or external training or education. Saxion strives for diversity in the composition of its employee teams.
Is this your job?
Apply quickly ! Applications can be submitted until december 12, 2022. Click the button saying 'apply'. The interviews will take place online, within Teams.
This vacancy is open both, internally and externaly. By equal qualified candidates, internal candidates have priority over external candidates.
The interviews with selected candidates will take place on Tuesday afternoon, December 20, 2022. We then ask you to explain your motivation and suitability in a short pitch for the application committee.
Do you want more information about the position?
Additional information about this position can be obtained from Gerdine Meijer, teamleader of the research group, tel: 06-5762 0592.
Acquisition from employment agencies, based on this vacancy, is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct