- HBO, WO
- min. 0.8 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.658,64 - €5.026,85)
Do you want to share your knowledge about Programming games and interactive media with the upcoming generation? This is your opportunity!
Parttime / Fulltime
0,8 - 1 fte = 32 - 40 hours
- passion for game- and interactive-media programming;
- excellent knowledge in C# programming;
- very experienced with programming Unity / Unreal and/or other game engines;
- experience with different IDEs such as Visual Studio (Code) and Rider;
- experience with C++ / Open GL or any other relevant programming knowledge;
- a drive for new technology (VR / AR / ….);
- experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigms and alternatives, design patterns and general software engineering skills;
- someone who likes to share his passion about programming with the next generation;
- good social skills?
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- preferably a master’s degree;
- a bachelor of science or related education;
- hands on experience in game- and media programming, preferably industry experience;
- an affinity for education at the bachelor level;
- excellent written and verbal English communication skills;
- preferably experience in teaching;
- experience with different software: Visual studio, Unity / unreal;
- preferably experience with agile development (Scrum);
Then this may be the job for you:
- developing and delivering educational materials for at Creative Media and Game Technologies;
- helping students creating their projects;
- guiding students throughout their study career;
- guiding students in their internship and/or graduation assignment;
- helping students and colleagues to develop state of the art examples and educational material.
Your new working environment
As technological developments and innovations change the world making it smarter every day, Saxion University of Applied Sciences asks itself: how can we best contribute to this? Now and in the future. At Saxion we believe that to be part of tomorrow’s world we need to learn, think and act differently together. We can do this by focusing on Living Technology. For us, the question is what do technological innovations mean and how can they contribute to humanity, society and our planet? This starts with the way that we connect knowledge and technology.
Saxion provides forward-looking and flexible education. Ready to answer the questions of tomorrow and tailored to suit individual talents and abilities. We teach our students to look at social issues from a broad perspective and to come up with practical solutions.
This includes enthusiastic, collaborative employees who dare to move with the changing world and who are continuously improving education and support for our students.
We are an open organisation with and for talent. Interaction with the world around us can only take shape in an open culture. Saxion wants to be an organisation focused on talent development and knowledge sharing, where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves.
Research with impact
Issues in society form the basis of our applied research. We connect students with researchers and experts in the professional field.
Together we work on sustainable solutions for social issues. Real solutions, that let businesses and organisations take the next step and so shape our future together. Our region is the place we are proud of and feel connected with. Although we also look beyond our national borders. We stimulate the entrepreneurship of our students and put knowledge and innovative power into practice. Together with our partners and the business community, we are strengthening our region.
At Saxion, students learn how their field of study is influenced by innovations and how they can apply technology to achieve the best results. Our research distinguishes itself by focusing on the interaction between man and technology. Saxion's approach ties in well with the strong growth of the high-tech manufacturing industry, in which the eastern part of the Netherlands is taking a leading role. Students and researchers come with surprising views and smart solutions to issues encountered by companies and organizations. These solutions have a high impact on people and their living environment; life becomes easier, more agreeable, more affordable, more sustainable.
The School of Creative Technology is a very active learning institution. With four existing Bachelor programs and a Master program, we provide a wide range of courses to prepare students for a dynamic professional field. The combination of creativity and technology forms the basis for our programs and guarantees a lively teaching and working environment. An open and accessible atmosphere is one of the hallmarks of our school. Developing the talents of both students and staff is our top priority.
CMGT / Academy
As part of the academy of creative technology, CMGT is pushing the boundaries of reality. In a fast-developing industry, we need to prepare the new generation in engaging ways. In an international team of about 40 people, we are enthusiastic about the industry, our hobbies blend in to our work and students are as engaged as teachers in order to create the coolest games and media products. The combination of 3 roles (Engineer, Designer, Artist) allows us to work with cutting edge technologies, in an even ‘cutting-er edgy’ environment (our XR-lab).
What do we offer?
We offer an exciting position in which you work independently in a socially relevant and dynamic organization. There is plenty of room for initiatives and development. You get a temporary appointment as lecturer/researcher 1. The position is initially for the duration of one year with an option for extension. Your salary is, depending on your knowledge and experience, up to a maximum of € 5.026,85 (scale 11 - cao-hbo) with a full working week. In addition, you will receive 8% vacation allowance, a year-end bonus of 8.3%, the opportunity for a generous number of days off and excellent facilities to work from home. You will also have the opportunity to continue to develop yourself both personally and professionally by following internal and/or external training or education. Saxion strives for diversity in the composition of its employee teams.
Is this your job?
Apply quickly! Applications can be submitted until 25th of June 2021. Click the button saying 'apply'. Depending on the situation and regulations at that time, the interviews take place physically or online, within Microsoft Teams.
Do you want more information about the position?
Additional information about this position can be obtained from mr. Taco van Loon (+316 2249 0864).
Acquisition from employment agencies, based on this vacancy, is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct