- Hogeschool Inholland
- Rotterdam (Zuid-Holland)
- Onderzoek / Lector
- min. 0.4 fte, max. 0.6 fte
- max. 15 (€5.642,27 - €7.284,86)
Functie-inhoudThe search for solutions and innovations related to the distribution and redistribution of costs and benefits between tourism related companies, inhabitants and public institutions, the rethinking of the effects of growing numbers of visitors and temporarily residents, and policy-making related to urban tourism in coherence with urban redevelopment and gentrification are changing the paradigm from which tourism is researched and managed. These processes are, collectively, often referred to as 'New Urban Tourism'.
We are looking for a Professor (Lector) who is able to deepen our knowledge and practice in this growing field. Our aim is to build a strong practice in 'research through design' in the field of tourism studies in the city of Rotterdam, and in Rotterdam-Zuid in specific. We strive to make a contribution to the cities in which we educate tourism professionals by creating a sustainable and inclusive tourism practice.
As Professor (Lector) of New Urban Tourism you will be:
- the Inholland expert, figurehead and point of contact in the triangle of education, research and professional practice in the field of New Urban Tourism;
- able to initiate and secure funding for research projects that are relevant to internal and external stakeholders, in relation to which you will consult with internal and external partners;
- contributing to the development of design-oriented tourism research within the Creative Business Faculty, with a special focus on Rotterdam;
- cultivating networks and initiating strategic partnerships for research and education. This will involve obtaining research grants and strengthening the connection between research and education;
- developing and securing practice-oriented research, as well as managing and conducting research – either as part of a team of researchers or on your own;
- acting as a supervisor to the relevant researchers within the various research projects;
- contributing to the development of the research agenda of Inholland University of Applied Sciences, the Creative Business Faculty, and the various degree programmes;
- representing the Research Group Creative Business in relevant consultations;
- contributing to the curricula of degree programmes within the Faculty, based on knowledge from research and experience with New Urban Tourism and innovations.
OrganisatieInholland University of Applied Sciences is a multi-local institute for higher education and research. Its Tourism Management programme is part of the Creative Business Faculty and is based in the cities of Rotterdam, Amsterdam, and Haarlem.
Inholland University of Applied Sciences is sending out a call for applications for the position of Professor (in UAS in The Netherlands: 'Lector') of New Urban Tourism. We are searching for a Professor (Lector) to boost our research in the city of Rotterdam, where both the Tourism and Events industries are experiencing rapid growth.
The research by the new Professor (Lector) will to a large extent take place in urban living labs (see for example the Amsterdam based Urban Leisure & Tourism Lab, www.tourismlab.nl), working along the lines of 'research through design'. We expect the Professor of New Urban Tourism to make a significant contribution to the tourism-specific research within urban living labs. You will be working closely with students, lecturers and staff of both the Tourism Management programme and the Leisure & Events Management programme, as well as with other staff and researchers within the Faculty. You report to the Director of the Creative Business Faculty.
As Professor (Lector) of New Urban Tourism, you are part of and will be participating in the (further) development of the Research Group Creative Business, which, at present, consists of three Professors (Lectors), and three associate Professors (associate lectors). Professors have their own scope, and work - where possible - in co-creation/co-research with each other. Our research has an impact on internal and external stakeholders and contributes to creating a sustainable, healthy, creative and inclusive society. We prefer to conduct research through design. The current research focus areas are Communication and Inclusion, Design Thinking, and Authentic Leadership. The Research Group Creative Business is expected to further expand in the near future.
Functie eisenWe are looking for an academic who holds:
- a PhD in Social and Cultural Anthropology, Sociology, Social Geography or a related field - preferably based on researching 'new urban tourism', urban development, transitions in the experience economy, or inclusive tourism;
- authority and standing in the emerging academic field of New Urban Tourism, demonstrated by (academic) publications, interventions and positions in the field;
- a strong network in the city of Rotterdam, or the capabilities to build that network;
- experience in conducting and supervising practice-based research, with impact on (applied) higher education and professional practice, preferably by research through design;
- experience with research in urban living labs, and fostering innovation;
- excellent academic publications and results;
- appealing experience with the dissemination of research results;
- management experience and excellent social and networking skills.
BijzonderhedenWe expect the Professor (Lector) of New Urban Tourism to make a significant contribution to the tourism-specific research within urban living labs. You will be working closely with students, lecturers and staff of both the Tourism Management programme and the Leisure & Events Management programme, as well as with other staff and researchers within the Faculty. You report to the Director of the Creative Business Faculty.
The Professor (Lector) of New Urban Tourism will be based in Rotterdam, and must be willing to travel to our other locations as well as internationally. Our Faculty, students and staff are spread over the cities of Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Haarlem and The Hague.
ArbeidsvoorwaardenWe offer a position of at least 0.4 and up to 0.6 full-time equivalent (FTE). Grading as Professor 2 (Lector 2), pay scale 15 - ranging between € 5642,27 gross and € 7284,86 gross based on 1 FTE. Successful candidates will be offered a 6-year contract.
In addition to a Professor, we are likely to appoint an associate Professor (a scale 13 position) and senior researcher(s) as well.
Contact informatieFor more information please contact Peggy van Schijndel ; 06-15279327
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct