- Avans Hogeschool
- 's-Hertogenbosch (Noord-Brabant), Breda (Noord-Brabant)
- Onderzoek / Lector
- Gepromoveerd, WO
- min. 0,6 fte, max. 0,6 fte
- max. 15 (€5.510,03 - €7.114,12)
- Stafdienst (algemeen), Economie
You will work for the International Business research group, which is part of the Centre of Expertise for Sustainable Business (ESB).
Furthermore, you will engage in practical research to obtain knowledge on sustainable international entrepreneurship and manage other lecturer-researchers. Selecting these people for the research group's knowledge network is your responsibility. Allocating tasks to and motivating members of the knowledge network comes naturally to you, as an inspirational leader.
As a professor, you will safeguard and increase the quality of all activities developed by the research group, including research that is always practice-oriented, easy to read, challenging and recognisable. You will use your relevant network to create an effortless exchange between research, education and practice by ensuring that research results are mentioned in publications, lectures, demonstrations and through a number of forms of education for lecturers, students and industry professionals, to mention some examples. Additionally, you will run a number of social and economic activities in which your wealth of experience with valorisation plays a pivotal role. You will also procure your own sources of income through grant programmes and contracted research.
As you welcome the application of the results of practice-oriented research in education, you happily contribute to this process. You will also support members of your knowledge network in teaching students research skills and inspiring inquisitive attitudes in students. Furthermore, you will occasionally give inspiring, subject-specific lectures.
Avans Hogeschool: wij maken het verschil
Avans Hogeschool heeft 48 hbo-opleidingen, 29.500 studenten en 2.800 medewerkers. Behoort al jarenlang tot de top 3 van hogescholen van Nederland. En heeft locaties in Breda, ’s-Hertogenbosch en Tilburg. We leggen de lat hoog. Ook voor onszelf.
You will work for the International Business research group and, regarding the content you deal with, are aligned with Avans University of Applied Sciences’ International Business and Management study programmes. The research group is also aimed at accessing new international markets. Operating on an international scale leads to consequences for businesses’ governance, communications and internal organisation. Based on a sustainability focused perspective, the emphasis is not limited to profitability, as it is essential to consider local cultures, values and ethical aspects. Globalisation primarily represents a challenge to large businesses that operate in many markets. Additionally, the increasing level of digitalisation leads to the creation of new business models and is of increasing importance for both internal business practices and collaboration between partners in the value chain. Digitalisation also increasingly fulfils the role of a catalyst.
The ESB is one of Avans University of Applied Sciences’ 6 centres of expertise. 11 schools in the business domain work together within the ESB. Together they represent 13,000 students, 840 lecturers and 13 different bachelor degrees.
The centre of expertise contributes to professionalising industry practices and developing the knowledge of the involved bachelor degrees.
Through its research, the ESB aims to make an impact on developing a sustainable economy and society. Furthermore, it aims to make a direct impact by conducting research into sustainable entrepreneurship in collaboration with businesses, governments and NGOs. Lastly, it aims to make an indirect impact by using the research results to benefit education, lecturers, students and our alumni.
The ESB pursues these ambitions with the following 6 research groups: Sustainable Strategy and Innovation (SSI), Sustainable Finance and Accounting (SFA), Sustainable Working and Organizing (SWO), Improving Business (ImB), New Marketing (NM), International Business (IB) and 1 associate Professor in the field of the Mindset of sustainable SME entrepreneurs.
For more information on either Avans University of Applied Sciences’ or the ESB's research, please visit avans.nl/onderzoek.
- You are university-educated, have a PhD qualification in a subject that is relevant to the knowledge domain and are an authority in your field of expertise.
- As you work in professional practice or in research, your knowledge of practice-oriented research is up to date.
- During your previous jobs, you initiated, implemented and supervised multidisciplinary, externally funded research.
- The externally financed programmes you will attract always seamlessly integrate into our education and research.
- You know how to generate substantial second-flow and third-flow funds.
- 2 of your key characteristics are your results-driven approach and diplomatic nature: you find it natural to work together with others.
- Implementing practice-oriented research into education comes naturally to you.
- Your capacity as a visionary provides you with a clear view of the research group’s theme, which you can easily formulate as high-quality research questions.
- Pushing colleagues, lecturers and students to a higher level is effortless for you as a result of your skills and knowledge.
- You easily alternate between the different roles you fulfil as a Professor, including your roles as a researcher, supervisor, source of inspiration to others and figurehead of the research group. Your public performance both within and outside Avans communicates your ideas to other people.
Avans University of Applied Sciences is committed to bringing out the best in people. It has a reputation for being an excellent employer. We live up to our commitment by offering attractive employment conditions.
- We offer you ample opportunities for personal and professional development.
- You will receive a monthly salary in scale 15 (between €5,375.64 and €6,940.60 gross) based on a full-time position. This is in accordance with the Higher Professional Education Collective Labour Agreement.
- A year-end bonus in the form of a thirteenth month's salary is a standard remuneration component.
- The position on offer is for 0.6 FTE for between 4 and 8 years. Secondment from your current employer is also an option.
If you are sure this job is the right fit for you and you are keen to join Avans, please apply stating 19/009. The application deadline is on February 10th. Should you have any further questions about this position, please contact Mr. Nies Rijnders, manager of the Centre of Expertise for Sustainable Business, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +31 (0)6-20778631.
The (first and second) interviews will be held in the week of 25 February and 11 March. Exact times and locations will be provided separately in the invitation.
Please note that this vacancy is advertised simultaneously, internally as well as externally. We will remove this vacancy from our website after the closing date. No rights may be derived from the content of this text.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct