- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- Gepromoveerd, WO
- min. 0.4 fte, max. 0.6 fte
- max. 11 (€3.560,72 - €4.892,31)
- Economie, Pabo & lerarenopleidingen
Functie-inhoudMaking our world a better place by understanding societal challenges and managing the implementation of possible solutions to these challenges - that is what we train our students to do.
Are you eager to bring your experience to teaching Professional English to the next generation of public sector professionals? If yes, apply to join our team!What exactly will you do?
We are looking for a dedicated and skilled professional for a Professional English lectureship to temporarily replace one of our teachers during the second semester from mid-January until mid-July 2020.
- Lecturing and closely supporting first-year IPM students – specifically covering press release writing in the public sector and critical essay writing;
- Lecturing and closely supporting IPM second-years – specifically covering writing for job applications, report and policy memo writing, debating etc.;
- Teaching workgroups for Bestuurskunde first-years – specifically business communication and presentation skills (as well as possibly contributing to course development);
- Providing opportunities for class discussions, and a stimulating environment for a heterogeneous student population – most IPM students speak English as a second language while some are native speakers;
- Mostly teaching and grading assessments (such as assignments) for effective learning; for all courses most materials including course manuals and classroom instructions are present;
- Being an active participant in a team of 30+ teachers, also taking on additional tasks such as liaising with professional organizations and possibly contributing to our external communication (website, updating of promotional material, etc.).
OrganisatieDo you want to know more about working at THUAS?Preparing young people for the future. This is what we do at The Hague University of Applied Sciences. We share our knowledge and teach students the skills they need to be strong and confident enough to fulfil their ambitions. We make this happen by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. These core values help students become critically aware of the world around them.
As a University of Applied Science we wish to stress that we are at the heart of society. In addition to the diversity among our students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values a diverse employee base. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population where equal opportunities are provided.
AfdelingThe IPM Programme
The International Public Management (IPM) programme at The Hague University of Applied Sciences is a programme running for 12 years now. With over 300 students of around 30 nationalities and staff hailing from several countries, IPM offers a truly diverse work environment. Together with Bestuurskunde en Overheidsmanagement, its Dutch-language sister programme, IPM was accredited in 2017, and is currently designing a new, even more practice-oriented curriculum to be implemented in the autumn of 2020.
Functie eisenYour profile
To offer you a fitting job, we would like to see the following qualifications in your resume:
- A master’s degree in English Language, English Studies, or in a social science discipline with additional qualifications for teaching English as a foreign language;
- Excellent skills in professional communication (as evident from prior experience with e.g. drafting reports, policy papers, professional blog posts, presenting orally in various forms);
- Previous teaching experience is essential, preferably with innovative didactic methods; possession of teaching certificates (BKO/BKE or similar) is an asset;
- Affinity with ‘blended learning’ methodologies and experience with educational software such as Blackboard, Osiris etc.are assets;
- Possession of a valid work permit for the EU / Netherlands.
- We want you to be successful in this position. When we invite you for an interview, we encourage you to share with us, that you
- are a confident and inspiring teacher willing and able to lecture large groups but also able to adapt to teaching smaller workgroups;
- have strong interpersonal and coaching skills; a passion for intercultural environments;
- have proven organizational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet set deadlines;
- have a clear aptitude for teamwork and willingness to take up shared tasks.
ArbeidsvoorwaardenWhat we offerA salary of up to € 4.892,31 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. Our employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education.In addition to the base salary, we offer:
- A full 13th month (8.3%);
- An appointment of 0.4 – 0.6 FTE, 16 - 24 hours per week in a temporary position from mid- January until mid-July 2020;
- An easily accessible location in The Hague, by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Hollands Spoor station);
- A generous leave policy of about 53 days for a full-time appointment including the compulsory free days and the national holidays;
- The space and resources for professional and personal development;
- A large network and a dynamic environment among young, motivated international students and employees within the higher education in a metropolitan context, national and international.
Suitable candidates will be invited to attend the first round of interviews with the programme’s management team and one lecturer. The second round consists of a short test lecture (approx. 25 minutes), small assignment and a short meeting with other lecturers.For more information about this vacancy, please contact Mr Ludger Niemann, Team leader/Senior Lecturer of IPM via firstname.lastname@example.org .
Do you need more information on the application process? Please contact Resourcing, via +31 (0)70-445 8612 or email@example.com .
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter directly online via the link below. The application deadline is Sunday 17 November 2019 (end of the day) using the application button ´solliciteren´ below.
In your letter, kindly mention your (earliest) availability and potential limitations in terms of work days or periods you would not be available. The first round of interviews will take place on 20 November. The second round is tentatively planned for 26 November 2019.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct