- NHL Stenden Hogeschool
- min. 0.5 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 1 (€1.872,00 - €2.140,09)
- Pabo & lerarenopleidingen
Do you want to make a meaningful contribution to the innovation of the maritime sector?
On behalf of Maritime Institute Willem Barentsz, the maritime academy, NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences is looking, as of January 2023 for a
Professional Doctorate candidate in the maritime field
0,5 - 1,0 fte
In the maritime sector, there is a need for academic and more practice-based research to reinforce each other to make the sector safer and more sustainable.
Technological solutions are offered from academia. However, without a deep understanding of the everyday practice of the sector, it is unlikely that the full potential of these developments can be realised. The Professional Doctorate can bridge this gap by making knowledge practically applicable.
The Professional Doctorate is the practice-oriented equivalent of PhD tracks at universities where the candidate conducts research at a university of applied sciences at the highest level.
More information about the PD can be found here: Vereniging Hogescholen | Professional doctorate
Who are we looking for
Do you have a university or university of applied sciences master's degree in the maritime field or in another field relevant to the maritime sector and would you like to deepen your knowledge, develop personally and contribute to solutions of practical problems?
We are looking for candidates who recognise themselves in one or more of the following profiles:
- Managers and senior professionals working in private/public organisations in the maritime domain.
- Academic staff working at universities of applied sciences/universities looking for a further step in their research career.
- Recent graduates of a university of applied sciences or university master's programme.
- A completed university of applied sciences or university master's degree in the maritime field or in another field relevant to the maritime sector
- Up-to-date knowledge of maritime practice
- A demonstrable good command of the English language (at least level C1)
- Independence, perseverance, curiosity, collaborative spirit and a drive to improve practice
- Demonstrable research and publication experience is a plus.
- You will conduct practice-oriented research that contributes to the sustainability, safety and competitiveness of the maritime sector.
- Your topic and research question should be in line with the research of the Maritime Research Group of NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences.
- In particular our group is engaged in multiple (inter-)national research projects which include two PD research topics. One on knowledge acquisition and distribution on the application of fuel cells and batteries for marine propulsion of ships (Annex 1), and the other on data-driven design of ships (Annex 2).
- Other areas of practical innovation may also be suitable for PD research, when in line with the area of the research group. Potential candidates and/or their employers are invited to react.
Look for the full job description on our website: NHL Stenden Hogeschool Academie Maritiem Instituut Willem Barentsz - Professional Doctorate candidate in the maritime field (easycruit.com)
What we offer:
- During your Professional Doctorate route, you will take support courses to further develop yourself and your research skills.
- You will work in a multidisciplinary team and be supervised by a professor and fellow researchers.
We will be happy to get in touch with you and make further employment arrangements with you about the form best suited to you for this 4-year programme.
Are you the colleague that we are looking for? Send your letter of application and CV (in one document) including a brief description of the research you would like to do (max 1500 words), via the “sollicitatieknop” (application button) stating vacancy number 3023 MIWB.
The deadline date for applications is 18 December 2022.
For further information, please contact Welmoed van der Velde, email@example.com
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct