- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Breda (Noord-Brabant)
- Ondersteunend / Staf
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 0,8 fte
- max. 10 (€2.769,32 - €4.192,37)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
The Press & Community Officer’s strategic thinking is in line with the strategic aims and brand positioning of Breda University of Applied Sciences. He/She seeks opportunities pro-actively and transforms them to serve target groups such as international trade and industry, partner institutes, government bodies and other stakeholders. He/she has a feeling for essence and sensitivity in industry and connects effortlessly with an educational environment. He/She has a nose for news and is a good writer. He/She takes control of opportunities of free publicity and takes advantage of them in collaboration with communication colleagues.
- In the role of senior communication adviser, he/she draws up, among other things, communication plans on the basis of strategic aims (at the levels of Corporate, Marketing & Communication Office, domains)
- Advising the Executive Board and management on internal and external communication
External communication tasks
- Developing, implementing and monitoring media and communication policy
- Writing and publishing corporate news and press releases
- Being a spokesperson, developing narratives, drawing up Q&As
- Guiding the Executive Board, lecturers and professors through media moments
- Writing/guiding (Executive Board) speeches for e.g. conferences
- Organising interviews, press presentations and (public) relations events
- Utilising and deploying (social) media channels
- Maintaining contacts with the national and international press, media platforms and collaboration partners relevant to BUas
Internal communication tasks and reputation support
- Developing and executing the (internal) communication strategy and approach
- Writing and publishing internal messages
- Drafting and disseminating guidelines for external communications
- Training, informing and guiding the Executive Board, lecturers, professors for external communications purposes (among other things, guidelines, media training, media support, brand promotion)
|Breda University of Applied Sciences is an independent and international higher education institution, specialising in the disciplines of Games, Media, Hotel, Facility, Built Environment, Logistics, Tourism, and Leisure & Events. |
Breda University of Applied Sciences (hereinafter referred to as Breda University) seeks to create a distinct profile for itself as a centre of education, research and knowledge. It is in this capacity that Breda University is committed to making a contribution to our globalising society by training young people to become responsible professionals – in cooperation with the international industries. Furthermore, Breda University aims to create a stimulating workplace for both students and staff, to enable them to integrate knowledge and skills, to develop their talents to the fullest and apply these to society in a professional and responsible manner.
The mission of the Marketing & Communication Office of Breda University of Applied Sciences is to lead BUas to an (international) top reputation, to recruit more and better (international) students and to facilitate effective internal communication. The department consists of 29 people (21 fte) who work in teams with the BUas academies towards reaching our goals. We aim to organize impactful communication and relationships with our targetgroups, amongst others (potential) students, the industry, alumni and BUas employees. We organize targetgroup marketing, content marketing and online engagement through websites, email-marketing an social media. The Marketing & Communication Office has its own translation team.
- Relevant academic education and knowledge in the field of communication science, media, journalism or press briefing
- Additional specialist courses/training courses in the field of online communication and social media
- Ample experience, among other things, with being a spokesperson. Crisis communication would be preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in an international context
- A native speaker of English would be highly preferred, in combination with a reasonable command of Dutch.
- Characteristics: result-oriented, pro-active, has good communication skills orally and in writing, representative, flexible, customer-oriented, positive, and is a doer.
Please apply by means of the online application form (see link on this page). Applications via e-mail or letter will not processed. If you already have an account in our Talent Pool, you can log in and use 'Apply to this position' directly. The information in your profile will be used for your application, which will save you time filing your application. If two candidates of equal ability are shortlisted, preference will be given to the internal candidate.
The salary for this position will be at level 10 of the CAO-HBO (Collective Labour Agreement), earning in between a monthly minimum of €2,769.32 and a maximum of €4,192.37 gross (full-time). You will be officially appointed in the function of Operations policy officer. You will receive a fixed annual benefit of 8.3%. Apart from this, Breda University of Applied Sciences offers you an 8% holiday allowance and a compensation for your health insurance. With a full-time position and a working pattern of 40 hours per week you are entitled to 10.7 weeks of holiday leave (including public holidays).
For more information, please contact:
Jan Willem Besselaar
Telephone: +31 612-226646
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct