- Hogeschool der Kunsten Den Haag
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- HBO, WO
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0.4 fte, max. 0.4 fte
- max. 11 (€3.560,72 - €4.892,31)
- Stafdienst (algemeen), Kunst
The Composition theory teacher teaches classes in the core subjects (Analyses, Harmony, Counterpoint) which are part of the curriculum of the Composition bachelor programme. Besides teaching duties, he/she is actively involved in curriculum development and teaches theory from the perspective of a composer.
The teaching takes up primarily 34 weeks between mid-September and the end of June, apart from the autumn, Christmas and spring holidays and the exam period.
The University of the Arts The Hague - comprising the faculties of the Royal Conservatoire and the Royal Academy of Art - offers a higher education in the field of the arts to around 2000 students. The primary aim of the Royal Conservatoire is to provide young talented students with the highest artistic skills, craftsmanship and versatility to enable them to function in the highly demanding and continually changing professional world of music and dance. The Royal Conservatoire is a centre for education, research and performance and wishes explicitly to contribute to the development and thus the future of music and dance.
The Composition department of the Royal Conservatoire is seeking to appoint a
Music theory teacher (0.4 fte / 16 hours per week)
The music theory teacher:
- has a Master in Music Theory as a minimum qualification;
- has fluent spoken and written command of English and is a team player;
- has excellent knowledge of music of the last 100 years, is familiar with composition processes and has didactic skills;
- can convert ideas and insights of music theory into the practice of lessons and workshops;
- is open to educational renewal and is prepared to take an active part in curriculum development;
- has the mindset of a researcher and is capable of linking his or her vision on composition practice.
Conditions of employment
The starting date of the appointment is 1 September 2020 with an initially contract for one year. The remuneration is in accordance with scale 11 of the collective agreement for the Universities of Applied Sciences. The actual salary depends on background, qualifications and experience. Wide opportunities for personal development in the form of enhancement of expertise in the national and international context will be available.
Information and application
For more information about the position please contact Martijn Padding, Head of the Composition Department: email@example.com. Application letters accompanied by a CV can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org up to 1 may 2020.
An initial selection will be made on the basis of letters submitted. Selected candidates will have an interview with the appointments committee and will be asked to give a test lesson for students at the Royal Conservatoire between 15-23 June 2020.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct