- NHL Stenden Hogeschool
- Leeuwarden (Friesland)
- min. 0,4 fte, max. 0,6 fte
- max. 13 (€4.955,73 - €6.036,14)
- Stafdienst (algemeen), Economie
To enhance and facilitate its research output the AIHR has a vacancy for a member of the Research Group Sustainability in Hospitality and Tourism. This position is for 0.4 or 0.6 fte and starting on 1st June, 2019. The new research group member will develop research on UNSDG 12, responsible production and consumption, in hospitality settings. Specifically, the research group member will become responsible for existing projects (such as nudging guests towards more sustainable choices at Stenden Hotel) and for projects that are still in the development phase (such as ‘Circularity in hotels’, a project that the Research Group is setting up with a number of partners in Friesland). Of course, the new research group member will also have the freedom to develop their own line of research projects connected with UNSDG 12 and leading to sustainable value creation in hospitality.
Projects initiated by the research group usually involve students. This aspect is particularly important for projects that this new research group member will lead. In fact, building upon the experience of the minor Future Proof Hospitality, the professorship intends to develop several ‘ateliers’ for Stenden HMS students in order to link research clearly to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
Finally, all of the professorship's projects should contribute not only to a practical goal, but also an academic one (knowledge development). Therefore, the new member is also expected to publish in academic journals and present at academic conferences.
The Academy of International Hospitality Research is looking for:
Research group Sustainability in Hospitality and Tourism - member
Focus on ‘UNSDG 12 responsible production and consumption in hospitality’ (0.4-0.6 fte)
The Academy for International Hospitality Research endeavours to do research for the hospitality industry worldwide. Central in the approach of AIHR is that it all starts and ends with human beings. People take the centre stage in hospitality. The more we know about what motivates them to make the choices that they make, the better we will be able to lead hospitality organizations and educate students. The research findings of AIHR are designed to be used by the professional field and to contribute to improving education in hospitality. Knowledge is there to share.
One of the AIHR areas of interest is sustainability in hospitality. Research in this area is coordinated by dr. Elena Cavagnaro. The aim and mission of this professorship is as follows: “We understand hospitality as a set of behaviors, duties, obligations and moral values that shape the interaction between host and guest, both in a commercial and noncommercial setting. We believe that by fostering values that individuals already harbor, organizations and society move towards a sustainable future. From a research perspective, we engage the hospitality industry, academia and education. We start from knowledge: we see as our task to develop new knowledge on fostering values and apply this knowledge in hospitality”.
What we are looking for
- University degree (minimum: MA; preferably in environmental psychology due to the focus of the research into understanding human behaviour; sociology; sustainable entrepreneurship and the like)
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Proficient in English and Dutch (for this position basic knowledge of Dutch is essential considering the project’s partners)
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability issues, preferably but non necessarily related to hospitality
- Knowledge of or interest in sustainable behaviour
- Preferably experience with managing projects
- An investigative mind
- Ambition to be part of the future of hospitality
- A team player
- Salary (grant) will be determined based on age and experience, to a maximum € 6.036,14 scale 13 gross per month for a full-time position, excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus.
- Candidates who are eligible for this position will be seconded for two years to the professorship with a possible extension of another two years. The professor evaluates the output of the members of the unit quarterly.
- Performance interviews will be regularly held on the basis of a win-win agreement.
- For more information about the position please contact Dr. Elena Cavagnaro, Professor of Sustainability in Hospitality and Tourism at Elena.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application letters should clearly address the points in the "what we are looking for" section
- You can send your application and c.v. before 25 April via the application form with reference to the number of the vacancy 2197 AIHR.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct