- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- HBO, WO
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 1 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 10 (€2.638,45 - €3.994,25)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
What exactly will you do?
You will be carrying out (assisting) teaching duties in legal skills courses
Key responsibilities of the job include:
- Providing support to lecturers and students on an individual, class or small group basis;
- Giving extra help to students for whom English is not their first language;
- Motivating, coaching and encouraging students towards study success;
- Assisting with grading and providing feedback to students;
- Providing strong organisation, communication and IT skills;
- Acting as tutors/mentors advising and coaching small groups of students on assignments, projects, papers and career planning.
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them. Their whole lives.
As a University of Applied Sciences we stand in the middle of society and we also want to reflect this. In addition to our diversity amongst students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values the same type of diversity in her staff and among students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population in which equal opportunities stand out.
Do you want to know more about the Law Programme and the Faculty?
The International and European Law Bachelor Program of The Hague University (THU) is a 4-year LL.B. program, aimed at training students in the fields of international and European law, with a strong emphasis on practical legal skills. The Program, which is licensed and accredited by the Dutch Government, is fast-growing with currently around 1000 students and 40 faculty members of diverse international backgrounds. Further information about The Hague University and the program is available at http://www.thehagueuniversity.com/.
We are looking for candidates with a passion for teaching and education to become a teaching assistant to assist and support the International and European Law lecturers in skills workshops and projects in our LL.B program. Candidates must have a bachelors and or a master’s degree preferably in law or social sciences, or have a background in teaching within higher education. Preference will be given to candidates that have experience specifically in developing and teaching study skills, writing, analysis and communication. Experience teaching English as a second language is an advantage.
Do you also fit the job requirements below? Then we would like to invite you to apply for this vacancy.
- You have at least a bachelor degree or preferably a master’s degree in law or social sciences, or the equivalent;
- You have experience specifically in developing and teaching study skills, writing, analysis and communication;
- You should have a clear interest and demonstrable ability to teach and coach bachelor level students;
- You have a teaching qualification (BDB), or the willingness to obtain one.
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is November 26th 2017.
As a part of the second interview a presentation is required.
What we offer
- A salary up to € 3.994,25 gross per month (scale 10) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. (The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for Higher Professional Education.);
- A full 13th month.
- An appointment of 1 FTE, 40 hours in a temporary position for a period of one year, with the possibility of extension;
- An easily accessible work space Holland Spoor, by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Holland Spoor station);
- The space and resources for professional and personal development;
- The Lighthouse: a platform to generate connections, meetings, knowledge sharing and inspiration;
- Knowledge development through attending symposiums, lectures and courses;
Do you want more information?
For in-depth information about this vacancy, please contact Jeff Dahl, telephone +31 (0)70 445 7148 via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Want more information on the application process? Then contact Resourcing, via +31 (0)70-445 8612 or email@example.com.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct