- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0,4 fte, max. 0,6 fte
- max. 11 (€3.477,27 - €4.777,65)
- Stafdienst (algemeen), Economie
International Business (IB), part of the Faculty Business, Finance & Marketing, is looking for a new colleague, per February 1, 2019.
A number of responsibilities:
- Lecture courses in your field of expertise;
- Work in a team to develop and/or improve the curriculum;
- Guide students in their development and learning skills;
- Coach students with their practical business related assignments, projects and internships.
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them. Their whole lives.
As a University of Applied Sciences we stand in the middle of society and we also want to reflect this. In addition to our diversity amongst students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values the same type of diversity in her staff and among students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population in which equal opportunities stand out.
Do you want to know more about the department?
International Business (IB), part of the Faculty Business, Finance & Marketing, offers a full-time English-language program. This Bachelor program (B.B.A.) is structured to educate young professionals for work in the international business field and was re-accredited by NVAO-overall GOOD. The program is in the process of transferring to a new “learning objective” based curriculum. Students are progressively trained from the start to apply their knowledge on cases drawn from real life situations through individual assignments and group projects.
- A Master’s or equivalent in the field concerned;
- Five years international working experience;
- Experience in / passion for teaching and guiding students in a “Learning Outcome” and competence oriented educational setting;
- Contacts with the international business world;
- Familiarity with big data concepts;
- Fluent in English;
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing;
- Team player as well as independent;
- You have intercultural communication skills and you can easily switch with diversity of people and roles.
What we offer
- A salary up to €4,777.65 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. (The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education.);
- A full 13th month;
- An appointment of 0.4 – 0.6 FTE, 16-32 hours in a temporary position for a period of one year, with the possibility of an extension towards a permanent employment contract;
- An easily accessible work space in The Hague by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Hollands Spoor station);
- A generous leave policy of about 53 days for a full-time appointment including the compulsory free days and the national holidays;
- The Lighthouse: a platform to generate connections, meetings, knowledge sharing and inspiration;
- Knowledge development through attending symposiums, lectures and courses. As for example we attended;
- A large network and a dynamic environment among young, motivated international students and employees within the higher education in a metropolitan context, national and international.
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is December,19, 2018. Interviews will be held in the week of January, 7, 2019.
A second round of trial lectures will be scheduled in the week after.
Do you want more information?
Further information about this position can be obtained through contacting either Deputy Head Academic Staff IB drs. J.R.M. Laas, tel. +31 – (0)70 – 4458163, email J.R.M.Laas@hhs.nl , or IB Program Director Dr. R. B. P.M. Busser tel. +31 – (0)70 – 4458169, email R.B.P.M.Busser@hhs.nl .
Want more information on the application process? Then contact Pamela Leidsman, Resourcing Advisor on +31 (0)70-445 8612 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct