- Zuyd Hogeschool
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.392,46 - €4.661,12)
Your responsibilities include:
- providing education to bachelor students about internal & external communication, marketing communication, corporate communication and intercultural communication with a strong focus on Japan, China and the Arab world;
- Teaching and coaching students, organizing lectures and workshops in the above mentioned sub disciplines of communications;
- contributing to the innovation of the curriculum in the above mentioned areas, including assessment and development of assessment tools;
- coaching and advising students during research projects, theses, and internships;
- possibly, contributing to communication research projects in the research centre of International Relationship Management (IRM).
Zuyd University of Applied Sciences is an ambitious knowledge institute located in the heart of Europe and focuses on three core activities: education for students, training courses and study programmes for professionals, and research for companies and institutes. The different study programmes offered by Zuyd have been at the top of selection guides for many years. This is partly the result of the small scale of Zuyd, which means that greater personal attention can be devoted to students. Zuyd has close transdisciplinary and transorganizational collaborations with the business community, knowledge institutes from different sectors, and governments with the conviction that the twenty-first century does not simply require knowledge but demands the ability to put that knowledge to practical use. Zuyd's expertise stretches back more than one hundred years and operates both inside and outside of the Euregion. Zuyd uses this extensive experience, coupled with the strengths of the Euregion, to focus its research on the themes of Innovative Care and Technology, Transition Towards a Sustainable Built Environment, Life Science and Materials, and Smart Services. With 1,700 employees, Zuyd offers its students fifty different Bachelor's and Master's programmes.
The Faculty of International Business and Communication (FIBC) greatly values the quality and innovation of education, internationalisation and entrepreneurship. We strive to create a long-term connection with our students which remains long after graduation.
The faculty is located in Maastricht and has Educating Global Minds as its mission statement. The faculty offers bachelor’s degrees in Translation & Interpreting, Oriental Languages and Communication, European Studies, and International Business. It also hosts the research circles of International Relationship Management and International Trade Management.
We expect you to have:
demonstrable experience in teaching (preferably also research) in (intercultural) communication;
an academic Master degree (preferably PhD), in communication, intercultural communication or in another relevant field and a broad knowledge of key theories and perspectives in the field of (intercultural) communication;
- excellent communication skills in English and, preferably, Dutch.
- the ability to contribute constructively to the development of an integrated curriculum within multidisciplinary teams;
- a certificate of pedagogic/didactic skills or the willingness to obtain one;
- a demonstrable team-playing, organizational and communication skills;
- the ability to work professionally with various digital learning environments.
A temporary contract, for 0,8 – 1,0 FTE, with BV Hogeschool Zuyd Contracting for the duration of one year, starting 28 August 2017, which may be extended based on performance and availability;
A salary depending on academic background and professional experience, of maximum scale 11 according to the CAO-HBO, the collective agreement for universities (maximum €4,661.12 before taxes, per month, under fulltime employment)
N.B.: for in-company candidates the current contract will be respected.
For further information please contact Alinda Kuijvenhoven, Lecturer Communication, tel: 043-3466483 or Eun-mi Postma, Head of the Department, tel: 043-3466 484.
You can apply for this job before 30 June 2017 by uploading your personal details (including a cover letter and a CV) on the website www.werkenbijzuyd.nl.
Interviews are scheduled in the week of 3 July.
Unfortunately, we cannot process letters of application addressed directly to the contact person or submitted by other means.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct