- Apeldoorn (Gelderland), Deventer (Overijssel)
- min. 0,6 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 10 (€2.638,45 - €3.994,25)
0,6 - 1,0 fte
- the (near) ‘native speaker’ of English who has experience in teaching English and has affinity with Hospitality Business;
- a teacher who can teach language skills in an integrated curriculum, making use of the industry context;
- an inspiring teacher who is able to motivate students and colleagues?
Then you will:
- teach within the Hospitality Business Industry (Facility Management, Tourism Management and Hotel Management) for both the Dutch and English Programme; and the Saxion Parttime School (SPS);
- be part of different teams of teachers;
- coach students during their internship and BA thesis;
- be a Study Career Counselor;
- teach in both Deventer and Apeldoorn.
Your new working environment
The world is getting ‘smarter’. New products, new services and new solutions are being launched every day. At Saxion, we believe the focus should be on the people driving that process. Therefore, we help our students to ‘Get ready for a smart world’ by preparing them for their future roles in today’s dynamic society!
At Saxion our students learn how innovation can impact on the industry and how they can apply technology to achieve the best results. Additionally, what makes our research so unique is the interaction between people and technology. As a result Saxion is closely aligned with the rapid growth in the high-tech manufacturing industry, which is particularly strong in the pioneering eastern part of the Netherlands. Students and researchers come up with some surprising ideas and smart solutions for the challenges facing companies and organisations, with huge benefits for people and their surroundings – making life easier, more pleasant, more affordable and more sustainable.
Saxion Hospitality Business School
The Saxion Hospitality Business School offers the following degree programmes:
- Bachelor: Facility Management (FM), Tourism Management (TM), Hotel Management (HM) and Interior Design & Styling (IDS) in Deventer and Apeldoorn.
- Master: Facility and Real Estate Management, Master of Business Administration and Master of Arts in Management in Deventer
At the Saxion Hospitality Business School we have a total of approximately 2,200 students across our full-time and part-time English-language bachelor and master programmes.
Saxion Hospitality Business School
Our relevant and innovative education and research activities are focused on future challenges and the industry’s expectations. Thanks to our case-based teaching approach, students learn through direct exposure to the industry at both regional and global level. Real-life industry cases form the foundation for a meaningful learning environment in which students gain experience, learn to reflect and work on developing their knowledge, skills and attitudes, both personally and professionally. That calls for proactive involvement from our students, our employees and the industry alike. We also teach our students to look beyond borders and to think up innovative, economically viable and socially relevant solutions. In today’s rapidly changing world, hospitality is playing an ever-more important role in the economy. We regard hospitality as a concrete product for companies, institutional customers and organisations, both as a fundamental mindset and as a social responsibility. That is why we – in conjunction with the industry and our students – are on a mission to make the world a slightly more ‘hospitable’ place.
Do you have:
- an academic degree, or a First Degree Education of English or a comparable degree;
- clear affinity with ‘hospitality business’ as demonstrated by vision and relevant work experience;
- knowledge of and experience with developing teaching materials and ICT (amongst E-learning);
- didactic skills and affinity with higher professional education;
- the ability to teach oral and writing skills, language skills, business grammar and vocabulary;
- excellent skills in coaching students;
- good organising and problem solving skills, a pragmatic approach and the ability to contribute to the team.
Is this the job for you?
If so, don’t delay – apply today! Simply click on the ‘Apply’ button on the right-hand side and submit the completed form. The application deadline is 27 June. Interviews will be held on 5 July 2018. Giving a trial lesson will be part of the procedure.
What do we offer?
A position as a Lecturer/Researcher 2. Employment is based on a one-year contract with a possibility of extension. Depending on your knowledge and experience, the monthly salary is max. € 3,994.25 (bracket 10 - CAO-HBO collective labour agreement) (based on the CAO-HBO 2016-2018, 1st of September there will be a new CAO) based on a full-time working week. In addition, you receive an 8% holiday allowance and a thirteenth month. Saxion is committed to equal opportunities and diversity.
Would you like to receive more information on this job ?
Please contact Jolande Algra, Manager Hospitality Business School, tel. 06-22976440
The use of this vacancy text for acquisition purposes is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct