- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- Niet bekend
- max. 11 (€3.560,72 - €4.892,31)
- Economie, Pabo & lerarenopleidingen
The International and European Law Program is looking for a lecturer with passion for teaching and learning to teach in our legal skills program. We believe that legal skills are critically important to equip our students for successful careers and we are proud of our unique and comprehensive skills curriculum. We are looking for a teacher who strongly believes in motivating young people to become the best version of themselves and understands that a solid foundation in legal skills will give students a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
What exactly will you do?
You will focus primarily on teaching legal skills courses. You will work collaboratively in an educational team with other lecturers and teaching assistants in a learning environment that stresses blended learning, flipped classrooms, and innovative teaching techniques that promote active and collaborative learning. Our legal skills courses focus on skills related to the competences of legal analysis, legal advice, legal representation and decision-making.
Our program also uses a tutorial (small learning group) system for study coaching and assignment feedback. All lecturers are expected to teach two tutorial groups. Further, your teaching duties may include typical introductory legal courses.
Additional lecturer responsibilities include:
- Coaching and mentoring theses, applied research projects and internships;
- Coordinating or administering select program activities such as, the internship program;
- Participation in the skills team to develop and improve the skills curriculum.
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future as professional is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences (De HaagseHogeschool) does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them.
Do you want to know more about the Law Program and the Faculty?
The International and European Law Bachelor Program of The Hague University of Applied Sciences (THUAS) is a 4-year LL.B. program, aimed at training students in the fields of commercial, international and European law, with a strong emphasis on practical legal skills. The Program, which is licensed and accredited by the Dutch Government, is fast-growing with currently around 1000 students and 40 faculty members of diverse international backgrounds. Further information about The Hague University and the program is available at http://www.thehagueuniversity.com/.
We are looking for a collegial and enthusiastic teacher who is committed to the importance of teaching skills in a well-balanced law program. A successful candidate will demonstrate experience in a blended learning environment and in working collaboratively as part of a dedicated team and will demonstrate strong communication skills. We need someone with strong organizational skills, who thinks in terms of innovation and improvement, and who is able to handle pressure and periodically heavy workloads. Our faculty and student body is multicultural and experience in experience working in a multicultural environment is preferred. We teach our program in English, so fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Additionally, the selected candidate will be competent with IT tools in the office as well as in the classroom.
If you meet this profile and this job interests you, and you:
- Have a Master in Law or a relevant Social Science;
- Have obtained, or are willing to obtain, a teaching qualification (BDB);
- Can preferably start 26 August 2019.
We encourage you to apply for this vacancy.
What we offer
- A salary between 3.560,72 and € 4.892,31 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. (The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education);
- A full 13th month;
- An appointment of 1 FTE, 40 hours in a temporary position for a period of one year. Extension of the appointment will depend on the organizational, educational and financial conditions.
- An easily accessible work space Hollands Spoor, by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Hollands Spoor station);
- The space and resources for professional and personal development;
- The Lighthouse: a platform to generate connections, meetings, knowledge sharing and inspiration;
- Knowledge development through attending symposiums, lectures and courses.
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is 1 July 2018. Interviews will be held during the week of 8 July.
In order to be considered, please address the following in your cover letter:
- Provide a specific example of how you have used blended learning, collaborative learning environments, or innovative teaching techniques to help students learn;
- Provide a specific example of a situation where you worked collaboratively with colleagues on course creation and/or lesson planning.
As a part of the second interview a feedback exercise and/or presentation in form of a trial lecture is required.
Do you want more information?
For in-depth information about this vacancy, please contact Mr Peter Boswijk, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . Do you need more information on the application process? Please contact Resourcing, via +31 (0)70-445 8612 or email@example.com .
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct