- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- Middelburg (Zeeland)
- min. 0,6 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.560,72 - €4.892,31)
Being a lecturer isn't something you do, it's who you are. We can't teach your desire to innovate, love for the profession of IT and involvement with students. That's in your DNA. And whether or not you have experience in education, that enthusiasm is the most important thing for us. Is it in you? Then apply for the IT lecturer position at HZ University of Applied Sciences in Middelburg, the Netherlands.
Your work as an IT lecturer
You know better than anyone that being a lecturer goes beyond just passing on knowledge. Students can always rely on you, and you're right at home in a coaching role. You'll use your knowledge, skills and enthusiasm to train students to become enterprising, innovative and driven professionals. You do that by:
- teaching within your field of expertise in multidisciplinary courses/study projects.
- guiding and coaching students.
- contributing to practice-oriented research.
- working together in an agreeable team atmosphere.
- actively participating in the development of interdisciplinary educational projects in cooperation with the industry.
Working at HZ University of Applied Sciences: the personal university
With 4,800 students, 500 employees and 25 higher professional education programmes, HZ University of Applied Sciences (HZ) in Zeeland is a small, personal university. We offer bachelor's programmes, (transition) courses, a master's programme, master classes, postgraduate programmes and associate degrees. Working at HZ means working in a lively environment where no two days are the same, where the lecturers know their students' names, and where the lines of communication are short. Whether you work as a lecturer, concierge, marketing employee, IT specialist, HR advisor or financial manager, together with your colleagues, you'll form a team of professionals who prepare our students for the (international) job market. And did you know that we've been named one of the top 3 best colleges in the Netherlands for years?
It's in your DNA
Students aren't just numbers to you. With your experience in the field of IT you can teach, motivate and inspire students. In addition to focusing on the students' learning process, you also keep your focus on the outside world. That way you always know how your teaching practice can stay connected to professional practice. In addition, you have:
- completed a relevant master's degree
- broad knowledge and extensive work experience in the field of IT
- a broad network in the professional field.
- basic Dutch and good English language skills for mentoring students
Growth with us
We believe that future-proof education starts with our employees. That's why we offer you a lively working environment, along with:
- a temporary assignment for 1 year. The renewal of this appointment depends on personal performance and formative space.
- a gross monthly salary between € 3,560,72 and € 4,892,81 for full-time employment.
- an end of year bonus, holiday allowance and possibly an allowance for travel expenses.
- opportunities to work on your personal and professional development.
- freedom and independence in your work.
- support in obtaining a teaching qualification if you do not yet have one. You do not need a teaching qualification to work as a higher professional education lecturer, but you must be prepared to obtain this qualification and invest in your expertise as a lecturer.
Do you also believe that future-proof education starts with you? Then apply now, before 26th of May 2019, via the application button on our website www.hz.nl/vacatures. If you wish to make an informal enquiry please contact Jorick Vos, team coordinator, telephone: +31 6 1375 67 09.
The job interviews are scheduled for 5th of June 2019.
*HZ is a University of Applied Science. In order to obtain a Single Permit for the Netherlands other conditions might have to be fulfilled than those required for Universities. Moreover, HZ is not a Recognised Sponsor for the Immigration and Naturalization Services.
Recruitment for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct