- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 0,8 fte
- max. 11 (€3.560,72 - €4.892,31)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
- Teaching theories and practical skills in the field of public administration, project management and International Relations with a focus on applied research skills relating to real-life assignments
- Preparation of course materials (classroom-based and online) and development and grading of assessments (exams and assignments) for effective learning
- Updating the curriculum and the design of modules, using latest educational insights and reflecting on changing demands from potential employers;
- Facilitating effective group work among students, providing opportunities for inclass discussions and displaying enthusiasm about the subject matter and the learning process;
- Being an active participant in a team of 30+ teachers, also taking on additional tasks such as liaising with professional organizations, mentoring students, supervising thesis projects, and external communication
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences (De Haagse Hogeschool) does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them.
As a University of Applied Sciences we stand in the middle of society and we also want to reflect this. In addition to our diversity amongst students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values the same type of diversity among staff and among students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population in which equal opportunities stand out.
Making our world a better place, by understanding and solving societal challenges, and managing the implementation of those solutions - that is what we train our students in.
The International Public Management (IPM) programme at The Hague University of Applied Sciences exists for 11 years now. With over 300 students from around 30 nationalities and staff hailing from several countries, IPM offers a truly diverse work environment. Together with Bestuurskunde, its Dutch-medium sister programme, IPM was newly accredited in 2017 and is currently designing a new, yet more practice-oriented curriculum to be implemented from 2020 onwards.
To support our team we are looking for a new colleague (0.8 FTE) to teach within our International Public Management bachelor’s programme starting in August 2019.
- A relevant Master’s degree in Public Management or related subjects such as Economics
- Demonstrated work experience in relevant settings (government, IGOs, NGOs, consultancies, etc.) in order to bring real-life experience to the students;
- A strong professional network at regional, national and international level that allows for the developing of collaborative projects between THUAS and external stakeholders;
- Proven organizational skills, willingness to take up shared team-management tasks, and a clear aptitude for teamwork are required;
- Excellent command of oral and written English is a must; fluency in Dutch and other (non-European) languages is preferred;
- Expertise in designing, commissioning or implementing applied, quantitative research – ideally in relation to public policy issues – would be valuable assets;
- International work experience and first-hand knowledge of public administration in non-European countries is preferred;
- Previous teaching experience is highly desirable, preferably with innovative didactic methods; possession of teaching certificates (BKO/BKE or similar) is an asset.
What we offer
A salary up to € 4.892,31 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. (The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education.)
- A full 13th month;
- An appointment of 0.8 FTE, 32 hours per week in a temporary position for a period of one year starting around 26 August 2019, with the possibility of extension;
- An easily accessible work space The Hague, by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Hollands Spoor station);
- A generous leave policy of about 53 days for a full-time appointment including the compulsory free days and the national holidays;
- The space and resources for professional and personal development;
- A large network and a dynamic environment among young, motivated international students and employees within the higher education in a metropolitan context, national and international.
Are you our new lecturer?
Please send your CV and Cover Letter before 2 June 2019 using the application button ´solliciteren´ below. The first round of interviews will take place on 13 June. The second round of interviews is tentatively planned for 19 June 2019.
Do you want more information?
Suitable candidates will be invited to complete a questionnaire (e-assessment) and attend a first round of interviews with the programme’s management team. The second round will consist of a short test lecture (approx. 25 minutes), a small assignment and further interviews with additional colleagues.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Mr Ludger Niemann, Team leader of IPM via email@example.com
Do you need more information on the application process? Please contact Marianne Hollestein at Resourcing, via +31 (0)70-445 8612 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct