- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- Onderwijsgevend, Onderzoek / Lector
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 0,8 fte
- max. 11 (€3.392,46 - €4.661,12)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
Why are we looking for you?
The International Public Management program, of the Hague University of Applied Sciences, exists for 10 years now. With 230 students, over 30 nationalities in class, and an international staff the program truly offers a diverse working environment. Last year the program was accredited, and now is focusing on implementing organizational and curriculum-related changes.
To do just that, we are looking for a new colleague for our International Public Management bachelor programme to start in February 2018.
A number of responsibilities:
- Connecting theory and practice, providing opportunities for inclass discussions and displaying enthusiasm about the subject matter, the students, and the learning process;
- Teaching of various courses, relating to the field of Public Management, in the form of lectures, workshops and real-life projects;
- Updating the curriculum and the design of courses, using the latest educational insights and reflecting on changing demands from potential employers;
- Preparation of course materials (classroom and online) and development and grading of assessments (exams and assignments);
- Being an active participant in a team of 30+ lecturers.
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them. Their whole lives.
As a University of Applied Sciences we stand in the middle of society and we also want to reflect this. In addition to our diversity amongst students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values the same type of diversity in her staff and among students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population in which equal opportunities stand out.
Do you want to know more about the IPM Programme and the Faculty?
The International Public Management Bachelor Program of The Hague University (THU) is a 4-year BA (Bachelor of Arts) program aimed at training students with a broad skillset enabling them to work within the public sector, non-profit organisations, or even the private sector. The Program with an international and a Dutch variant, is licensed and accredited by the Dutch Government, has currently around 230 students and 30 faculty members of diverse international backgrounds. Further information about The Hague University and the program is available at http://www.thehagueuniversity.com/.
For this vacancy we are looking for a new lecturer with an international professional background. Strong organizational skills and a willingness to take up tasks regarding the quality assurance of the programme, and a strong aptitude for teamwork are required. Thinking outside the box is one of your qualities and you have a proactive approach.
Do you also fit the job requirements below? Then we would like to invite you to apply for this vacancy.
- A relevant Master’s degree, in Public Management or related subjects;
- Demonstrated work experience in relevant settings (government, IGOs, NGOs, consultancies, etc.) which can bring real-life experience to the students;
- A strong professional network at regional, national and international level that allows developing of collaborative projects between THUAS and external stakeholders;
- Expertise in economics, financial management, e-governance and/or law would be valuable assets;
- International work experience and knowledge of public administration in non-European countries is preferred ;
- Previous teaching experience is desirable, preferably with innovative didactic methods; possession of teaching certificates (BKO/BKE or similar) is a an asset;
- Excellent command of oral and written English is a must; fluency in Dutch and other (non-European) languages is preferred;
- You have intercultural communication skills and you can easily switch with diversity of people and roles.
Are you our new colleague?
Please send your CV and cover letter before the 17th of December using the application button ´solliciteren´ below. The first round of interviews will take place December 21st.
What we offer
A salary up to € 4.661,12 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. (The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education.)
- A full 13th month.
- An appointment of 0.8 FTE, 32 hours per week starting in February 2018 in a temporary position for a period of one year, with the possibility of extension;
- An easily accessible work space The Hague, by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Holland Spoor station).
- A generous leave policy of about 53 days for a full-time appointment including the compulsory free days and the national holidays.
- The space and resources for professional and personal development.
- Knowledge development through attending symposiums, lectures and courses. As for example we attended
- A large network and a dynamic environment among young, motivated international students and employees within the higher education in a metropolitan context, national and international.
Do you want more information?
Suitable candidates will be invited for the first round of interviews. During these, you will meet some future colleagues and the program’s management. The second round will consist of a test lecture, during which you will provide a short lecture of 15 minutes, and finalize it with a small assignment. After the test lecture, a second interview will take place.
For more in-depth information about this vacancy, please contact Mr Jasper Koppen, Teamleider, Bestuurskunde/Overheidsmanagement via J.J.C.vanKoppen@hhs.nl
Want more information on the application process? Then contact Remco van Zwol, Resourcing Advisor on +31 (0)70 – 445 8612 or by email: R.W.vanZwol@hhs.nl .
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct