- Van Hall Larenstein
- Rheden (Gelderland)
- Gepromoveerd, WO
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 0,8 fte
- min. 10 (€2.704,41 - €4.094,11), max. 11 (€3.477,27 - €4.777,65)
- Agro & food
We are recruiting a colleague for 0,8 fte who can make an active contribution to the Master in Management of Development (MOD) and the Bachelor program International Development Management (IDM). These MSc and BSc programs are designed for young and mid-career development professionals. The programs are renowned for their international learning environment, team projects and linking theory and practice. The three IDM specialisations are Disaster Risk Management, Rural Development & Innovation, and Sustainable Value Chains. You are expected to contribute to the MOD and IDM study in general with an emphasis on the work field of Disaster Risk Management.
We are looking for a person who has a passion for international development work and has an ambition to contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
All courses are taught in English and have a strong international focus. Staff are stimulated to be involved in international project work.
- Lecture on topics related to Disaster Risk Management particularly climate change adaptation, conflicts and migration and using big data for humanitarian aid;
- Develop competence-based curricula and lectures in the Programme of MOD and IDM;
- Integrate earth observation techniques and remote sensing in IDM curriculum;
- Contribute to development of study units of MOD and IDM in general;
- Contribute to educational innovation and practical learning;
- Student coaching and supervision during their internships and thesis;
- Contribute to (international) educational projects.
Van Hall Larenstein is a university of applied sciences. In our mission, we state that we aim to train professionals who contribute to a sustainable and better world. We wish to accomplish this by cooperating in a pleasant and yet productive way with each other and with our network partners. These two ambitions have been translated into the way we have outlined our education, our applied research and our organisation.
The curricula of VHL University of Applied Sciences focus on the domains Delta Areas and Resources, Food and Dairy and Animal and Business.
We work from two locations in the Netherlands: Leeuwarden and Velp.
- PhD or MSc degree in Environmental Sciences, human geography, social sciences, international development studies, international land and water management;
- Five to eight years of relevant work experience in international development work preferably in a disaster context;
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods, particularly SPSS;
- Didactical skills or experience with education and willingness to obtain the didactical qualification certificate;
- Relevant and up-to-date international network;
- Good communication skills and outstanding command of the English language.
Please send your pitch and CV until the 19th of January 2019 with the application button on this site or by email (see below).
Only online applications will be considered.
Interviews will be scheduled halfway January 2019.
We offer a challenging job opportunity in the field of disaster risk management. The team of 15 colleagues has a wide range of skills and expertise related to International Development.
Initially a temporary contract of one year for 0,8 fte; with the possibility of extension based on proven competence.
The salary (depending on knowledge and experience) is a minimum of € 2.704,41 and a maximum of € 4.777,65 gross per month for a fulltime position (in accordance with the Hay job profile docent 2 or 1, scale 10 or 11 CAO HBO). Starting date February 2019.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Dr.ir. Annelies Heijmans, Lecturer, phone +31 6 52407041 or Arno de Snoo, Lecturer, phone +31 26 3695631.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct