- Van Hall Larenstein
- Velp Gld
- min. 0.8 fte, max. 0.8 fte
- max. 11 (€3.658,64 - €5.026,85)
- Agro & food
For location Velp, Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences is looking for a
Lecturer International Development – Disaster Risk Management (0.8 FTE)
Are you the person who is passionate about educating young people for work in disaster, protracted crises and conflict contexts? Do you have relevant field experience in Africa, Asia or Latin America? Then we are looking for you!
As our colleague you will make an active contribution to the BSc International Development Management (IDM) and the MSc Management of Development (MoD). Within IDM, we offer three specialisations which are Disaster Risk Management, Rural Development & Innovation, and Sustainable Value Chains. The specialisation Disaster Risk Management addresses subjects like disaster risk and response analysis, aid architecture, food security in protracted crisis, community resilience, risk governance, climate change adaptation, spatial dimensions of disaster risk management, and aid finance innovations.
You will join a team of 18 colleagues with a wide range of skills and expertise related to International Development.
All our courses are taught in English and have a strong international focus.
What are you going to do:
- You develop in collaboration with the IDM-MoD team competence-based curricula and lectures related to the DRM working field focusing on analysing and responding to situations of disasters, conflict and protracted crisis;
- You develop/update and deliver modules on disaster risk management;
- You contribute to modules (general and other specialisations), mentoring, assessments and other educational related tasks within the IDM-MoD team;
- You contribute to educational innovation and practical sustainability-oriented learning in real-time contexts;
- You contribute to bridging technical and environmental issues with social and institutional aspects in the Disaster Risk Management field;
- You supervise students during their thesis research;
- You contribute to (international) educational and applied research projects;
- You report to the Programme Manager Development Studies.
What you bring:
- You have a academic degree in Disaster or Conflict Studies, International Development, Human Geography, or related field and related level of thinking;
- You have a minimum of eight years demonstrable work experience in humanitarian aid and disaster risk management in Africa, Asia and/or Latin America;
- You have experience with participatory processes, establishing multi-stakeholder collaboration, risk governance and preferably action research or interdisciplinary research approaches;
- You have a relevant and up-to-date international network, preferably in Latin America;
- You possess good communication skills and an outstanding command of the English language (speaking and writing);
- You have didactical skills or experience with education or training, and you are willing to obtain the didactical qualification certificate;
- You are a practical person with an profession-oriented approach;
- You possess multi-tasking skills and are versatile;
- You have a flexible attitude.
What do we offer:
- We offer a challenging position with initially a temporary contract of one year for 0.8 FTE, with the possibility of extension based on proven competence. We would like you to start as soon as possible;
- The salary depends on your experience and knowledge corresponding to salary scale 11 CAO-HBO (Hay profile Teacher 1), and is between €3,658.64 and €5,026.85 for a full-time position;
- Besides a 8% holiday allowance (paid in the month May of every year), a 8.3% end-of-year bonus (paid in the month of December of every year);
- A pension at Algemeen Burgelijk Pensioenfonds (ABP).
About the position, please contact Annelies Heijmans, tel.+31 (0) 6 13563720 or Arno de Snoo, tel. +31 (0) 26 369 5631.
You can send your application, including CV and the vacancy number, online until 9th of May 2021 with the apply button on this page “solliciteren”.
Interviews are scheduled in week 21. After the interview, selected candidates can be requested to give a lecture.
Who we are:
Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences is an international green knowledge institution, where we skillfully and passionately provide education, supported by applied research within different Lectorates from our locations in Leeuwarden and Velp. We are the most sustainable university of applied sciences in the Netherlands, and we are proud of it! Our concrete goal is to make sustainability an integral part of the DNA of the entire organisation. We educate innovative and practical professionals who can then make a meaningful contribution to a better world in their home countries as well as across borders. Crossing borders also in a figurative sense because we strive to work in an inclusive and empowering way with (international) people from different disciplines and backgrounds.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct