- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0.6 fte, max. 0.8 fte
- max. 11 (€3.560,72 - €4.892,31)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
Would you like to share your design experience and knowledge with your enthusiastic students and co-lecturers? Do you want to contribute to educating the future proof design engineers of tomorrow in an international environment?
What exactly will you do?
In the position of lecturer, you will teach students in a variety of fundamental subjects on industrial design engineering in an international and multicultural programme. You will develop educational material, tutor project groups, coach individual students and facilitate workshops of students throughout our entire programme. You take this opportunity to show your innovative teaching methods and educational insights in the classroom, reflecting on skills and knowledge.
You maintain regular contact with the creative professional practice network to keep the education up-to-date and practice orientated.
Moreover, you can coordinate design projects and develop engaging workshops students in collaboration with colleagues in which you will share your international knowledge and experience in design. As students work to apply the knowledge that they will gain during their time in the Industrial Design Engineering (IDE) programme, you will assess, guide and coach them, in order to facilitate integration of theoretical and practical skills. In doing so, you will help students attain the level of research and professional skills required for successful employment.
Our programme embraces the educational model CDIO with a total concept of innovative project-based learning.
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences (De Haagse Hogeschool) does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them. Their whole lives.
As a University of Applied Sciences we stand in the middle of society and we also want to reflect this. In addition to our diversity amongst students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values the same type of diversity in her staff and among students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population in which equal opportunities stand out.
Do you want to know more about the department?
The Faculty of Technology, Innovation & Society (TIS) has about 4000 students in The Hague and Delft that study at the bachelor of science programmes Industrial Design Engineering, Built Environment, Civil Engineering, Climate & Management, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Process & Food Technology, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering.
We want you to become successful in this position. When reading through your resume, we would like to read that:
- You hold a relevant Master’s degree, for example in Industrial Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering;
- You have recent work experience in design, for example at your own agency or in (international) professional settings;
- You live in the Netherlands with a valid work permit for the EU / Netherlands;
- You are fluent in English (C1), basic comprehension of Dutch is a plus.
- You have obtained a teaching qualification (BDB) or are willing to obtain it.
Does this profile apply to you? And, you will be able to convince us with examples that you are the best candidate for this position? We encourage you to apply when you:
- Can inspire your students and colleagues with your enthusiasm, drive and your creative practical experience;
- Stay focussed on realising results and attaining (educational) goals as well as signalling opportunities to improve results.
- You have intercultural communication skills and you can easily switch with diversity of people and roles.
Are you our new colleague?
Do you think that you make a good match for this position and do you look forward to working at THUAS? You can apply directly online on the website of THUAS for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is Sunday 1 March 2020. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 11 March.
A mini trial lecture, where you will get the opportunity to show and share your enthusiasm for this lectureship, is a part of this selection procedure and will be scheduled in March.
About the programme / team
The international Industrial Design Engineering (IDE) programme is a three years bachelor programme with competence orientated education where students become innovative designers of sustainable products focusing on the fuzzy front-end of innovation and entrepreneurship. The programme has a strong collaboration with the professional field and consists of 15 enthusiastic lecturers.
What we offer
- A temporary position for a year with the possibility of an extension towards a permanent employment contract for 0.6 – 0.8 FTE, 24-32 hours per week
- A salary up to € 4.892,31 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time work week. (The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education.)
- 8% holiday pay
- A guaranteed end of the year pay of 8,3%.
- An easily accessible workspace in The Hague, by both bicycle, car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Hollands Spoor station).
- A generous leave policy of about 53 days for a full-time appointment including the compulsory free days and the national holidays.
- A large network and a dynamic environment among young, motivated international students and employees within the higher education in a metropolitan context, national and international.
Do you want more information?
For in-depth information about this vacancy, please contact Wianda Visser, Programme Director via e-mail at email@example.com
Want more information on the application process? Then contact Marianne Hollestein at Resourcing on +31 (0)70 4458612 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct