- Avans Hogeschool
- Breda (Noord-Brabant)
- min. 0,6 fte, max. 0,6 fte
- max. 11 (€3.392,46 - €4.661,12)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
Your main objective as a lecturer at the Avans School of International Studies is to enhance your students’ practical and theoretical expertise and to prepare them to become highly qualified professionals in the international business world. You will give lectures and hold training sessions within a project-based and competency-oriented curriculum of the International Business and Management Studies programme. You will also tutor project group meetings. In addition to teaching, you will be involved in study development counselling for students. You will guide them in their research projects during the work placement and graduation placement semesters. As a member of the ASIS team you will co-develop and apply the latest innovations in the curriculum and put the English language acquisition in a professional context of the future professional world of the student
Mastering languages is vital in the international business environment. This is why our students must study another language besides English. Spanish is one of their options. We are therefore looking for a lecturer, preferably a native speaker, in Spanish language acquisition to assist our students in reaching CEFRL Level B1.
Avans University of Applied Sciences: we make a difference
Avans University of Applied Sciences has 48 higher professional education study programmes, 29,500 students and 2,800 employees. It has been in the top three of Dutch universities of applied sciences for many years. Avans has campuses in Breda, 's-Hertogenbosch and Tilburg. We maintain high academic standards. For ourselves as well.
Avans School of International Studies in Breda offers students of all nationalities the bachelor’s degree programmes International Business and Management Studies, listed in top 3 of the national ranking of IBMS programmes in the Netherlands, and the newly developed International Finance and Control. Our programmes are taught entirely in English. We have a dynamic and highly skilled team of 90 staff and around 1200 students. With more than 20 different nationalities represented among our staff and 40% of our students coming from outside the Netherlands, we offer an international working and learning environment. The study programme of International Business and Management Studies has been voted best study programme in the Netherlands by the Full-time Higher Professional Education Options Guide 2015. The school is an active member of several international academic and business networks.
- You have a Master’s or PhD degree in Spanish language and literature or any other related degree.
- Preferably you have recent relevant teaching experience in Spanish language acquired in an international business environment.
- Knowledge on e.g. international business, economics, and marketing is an advantage.
- You have an expertise in student-oriented teaching methods.
- Excellent social and communication skills in English and the ability to deal with intercultural differences are a part of you toolbox.
- Coaching and inspiring young people is what gives you fun.
- You obtained or are willing to obtain a ‘Basiskwalificatie Didactische Bekwaamheid’ (‘basic teaching qualification’).
- You are a ‘reflective practitioner’ or are willing to develop in this area and you engage students in a process of continuous learning.
- You are able to show vision and creativity when co-developing the Spanish curriculum with lecturers from all disciplines.
- You are an excellent team player, passionate and enthusiastic.
- We expect you to develop your professional competencies within an educational context
- Preference will be given to a native candidate.
Avans University of Applied Sciences is committed to bringing out the best in people and enjoys a reputation as an excellent employer. We live up to our commitment by offering attractive employment conditions:
- A position at a university of applied sciences which offers plenty of room for personal and professional development.
- A monthly salary in scale 11, € 3,392,46 - € 4.661,12 gross for a full-time appointment, in accordance with the Higher Professional Education Collective Labour Agreement, CAO-HBO.
- A year-end bonus.
- An appointment as a teacher for 1 year, with the possibility of an extension.
If you are sure that this job is the right fit for you and you are keen to join our team at Avans, please apply before the 11th of June and please note the vacancy number 18/147 when doing so. Candidates who are selected for interview will be contacted by telephone. We strive to inform you about the status of your application within two weeks after the closing date. If you have any further questions about this vacancy, please contact the management assistants via mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be called back by one of the lecturers.
Only applications that are written in the English language will be accepted.
Please note that this vacancy is advertised simultaneously, internally as well as externally. We will remove this vacancy from our website after the closing date. No rights may be derived from the content of this text. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct