- NHTV Internationaal hoger onderwijs Breda
- Breda (Noord-Brabant)
- min. 1 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.392,46 - €4.661,12)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
The Academy for Digital Entertainment is seeking a lecturer with experience in and passion for media research and quantitative methodology in applied media. You are responsible for the teaching, development and implementation of new Industry demands in the field mentioned above. You will work in bachelor courses with large (approximately 180 students) classes (e.g., Applied Research Methodology) as well as in smaller (approximately 25 students) working classes at master level (e.g., Media Research). You will be coaching and supervising students in close collaboration with Industry and international knowledge partners . (e.g., in the ‘ADE Production House', our in-house production company), during internships and in graduation theses. These projects will have a strong focus on new media concept deliverables or science products.
- Teaching bachelor courses for 1st-4th years: innovative media research
- Teaching master courses on media and research
- Supervising bachelor and master students
- Helping staff to become better applied quantitative researchers
- Translating industry demands into education and applied research programs
- Doing media research using up to date quantitative research methods
- Maintain a network of (international) Industry and Academic partners
- Help acquire and work in funded research projects
- Publications in academic and Industry journals (help staff to do so)
- Presentations at Academic and Industry conferences
We offer a position within the most experienced international entertainment development team in the country. The research education can connect to and benefit from several funded research projects in which research tools (such as 3d glasses), research data derived from these projects and lab facilities (such as biometric research tools, CAVE) are available. We have an attractive and friendly working environment and you will be working with a group of enthusiastic students and motivated lecturers that vary in research experience (PhD, industry and/ or educational experience). You have the possibility to work on your own projects (together with students).
- Top ranked applied university
- Enthusiastic colleagues and students from around the world
- Staff with educational and Industry experience
- A culture that is academic as well as industry oriented
- An academy that invests in new media-, game- and research facilities
- An environment that embraces learning and with an international focus
NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences is an independent and international higher education institution, specializing in the disciplines of Games & Media, Hotel, Facilities, Logistics, Traffic and Tourism & Leisure.
The institute seeks to create a distinct profile for itself as a centre for education, research and knowledge. It is in this capacity that the institute is committed to making a contribution to our globalising society by training young people to become responsible professionals – in conjunction with the international industries. Furthermore, the institute aims to create a stimulating workplace for both students and staff, to enable them to integrate knowledge and skills, to develop their talents to the fullest and apply these to society in a professional and responsible manner.
The Academy for Digital Entertainment of NHTV University for Applied Sciences in Breda (The Netherlands) offers bachelor programs in ‘Game Architecture & Design’ and ‘Media & Entertainment Management’. The CMGT Game Architecture & Design program is a full development program teaching all aspects of game development. The Media & Entertainment Management program has specializations in Media & Entertainment Marketing, Production and Content. The Academy also has a Master program in Media Innovation. As well as a Master of Game Technology.
Our programs are both rated Number 1 in the national rankings (National Student Survey and Elsevier) because of the vocational approach and the quality and experience of the staff. The staff of the academy are recruited from all over the world (e.g. US, UK, Australia, Italy, Belgium, and the Netherlands) and all courses are taught in English.
- Experienced in quantitative research methods in applied media
- Experience and passion for media research
- You hold a Master or PhD degree (preferred) in the relevant field
- Experience with analytical programs such as SPSS is required
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in speech and in writing
- Teaching experience in higher professional education is preferred
- If needed you are willing to follow training in didactical skills
- Industry research experience in media domain is preferable
- Affinity with new research methods such as simulations and observational techniques.
- A strong industry network
More information about the University can be found at www.nhtv.nl, the Academy for Digital Entertainment can be visited at www.nhtv.nl/made. A brochure of the courses delivered can be downloaded from our NHTV site.
The salary for this position will be at level 11 of the CAO-HBO (Collective Labour Agreement), earning in between a monthly minimum of € 3,392.46 and a maximum of € 4,661.12 gross (full-time). You will be officially appointed in the function of lecturer. You will receive a fixed annual benefit of 8.3%. Apart from this, NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences offers you an 8% holiday allowance and a compensation for your health insurance. With a full-time position and a working pattern of 40 hours per week you are entitled to 10.7 weeks of holiday leave (including public holidays).
NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences provides assistance to guide expatriate employees through the process of relocation and settling in. Dutch tax authorities may offer tax reduction to applicants from abroad (which makes tax rates comparable to the UK and US).
We would like to invite you to apply via the online application form, for which the link is provided on our website. Applications via e-mail or letter will not processed.
This vacancy is published both internally and externally. In case of equal employability, internal candidates are given preference.
Acquisitions a result ofthis vacancy is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct