- Avans Hogeschool
- Breda (Noord-Brabant)
- min. 1 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.392,46 - €4.661,12)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
Your main objective as a lecturer at the Avans School of International Studies (ASIS) is to enhance your students’ practical and theoretical expertise and to prepare them to become highly qualified professionals in the international business world where marketing plays a key role in generating sustainable growth with a multidisciplinary approach. You will conduct lectures and training sessions within a project-based and competency-oriented curriculum in the International Business programme. You will also tutor project-group meetings and facilitate project-based learning. You will guide students in their research projects during the work placement and graduation placement semesters. You prepare the students for the challenges of today’s globalized economy. As a seasoned professional you are happy to share your extensive knowledge and experience in modern marketing with students and act as a change agent triggering a step change in the way marketing is taught to them.
Avans University of Applied Sciences: we make a difference
Avans University of Applied Sciences has 48 higher professional education study programmes, 29,500 students and 2,800 employees. It has been in the top three of Dutch universities of applied sciences for many years. Avans has campuses in Breda, 's-Hertogenbosch and Tilburg. We maintain high academic standards. For ourselves as well.
The Avans School of International Studies in Breda offers students of all nationalities the bachelor’s degree programmes International Business and Finance and Control (International). Our programmes are taught entirely in English. We have a dynamic and highly skilled team of 90 staff and around 1,200 students. With more than 20 different nationalities represented among our staff and our students, we offer an international working and learning environment. The school is an active member of several international academic and business networks. It also closely collaborates with the Avans Centre of Expertise for Sustainable Business.
- You have a master’s degree in marketing.
- You have extensive knowledge and experience with new marketing: digital and big data.
- Preferably you have recent experience acquired in an international business environment.
- You are an experienced lecturer with a track record as a motivator of students.
- You have recent experience in teaching strategic marketing, digital marketing and sustainable marketing.
- Excellent social and communication skills in English and the ability to deal with intercultural differences are essential qualities.
- Coaching and inspiring young people gives you energy.
- You obtained or are willing to obtain a ‘Basiskwalificatie Didactische Bekwaamheid’. This is the teaching qualification for lecturers of universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands.
- You are a reflective practitioner or are willing to develop in this area and you engage students in a process of continuous learning.
- You are an excellent team player, genuinely passionate and enthusiastic.
- You are authorised to work in the Netherlands.
Avans University of Applied Sciences is committed to bringing out the best in people. It enjoys a reputation as an excellent employer. We live up to our commitment by offering attractive employment conditions.
- We offer you a position with a university of applied sciences that offers plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development.
- You will receive a monthly salary in scale 11, €3,392.46 - €4,661.12 gross based on a full-time appointment. This is in accordance with the Higher Professional Education Collective Labour Agreement.
- A year-end bonus in the form of a thirteenth month's salary is a standard remuneration component.
- You will be able to start work immediately.
- We offer an appointment as a lecturer, or ‘docent hbo’ in Dutch, for 1 year, with the possibility of an extension.
If you are sure that this job is the right fit for you and you are keen to join our team at Avans, please apply before the 26th of March and please note the vacancy number 18/056 when doing so. You will be contacted by telephone if you are selected for interview. If you have any further questions about this vacancy, please contact one of our management assistants by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be called back by one of the lecturers.
Please note that only applications that are written in the English language will be accepted.
Please note that this vacancy is advertised simultaneously, internally as well as externally. We will remove this vacancy from our website after the closing date. No rights may be derived from the content of this text. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct