- Eindhoven (Noord-Brabant)
- min. 0.8 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.560,72 - €4.892,31)
Functie-inhoudIs it your dream to teach International Business to enthusiastic international students from all over the world? – this is your chanceWhat you will be doing?The International Business (IB) Department now invites candidates for a “Lecturer” position to teach several international business (IB) areas, particularly Finance & Accounting. The appointee is expected to
- take up the teaching and assessment of the undergraduate international business courses, particularly Financial Management and Accounting;
- be responsible for the administrative work required by the courses, such as quality monitor, leading study tours, student counselling, etc.;
- take up other course and curriculum development activities as necessary. Proven records in teaching Finance & Accounting and demonstrable familiarity with experiential learning will be a plus.
OrganisatieIn the MT500 survey of September 2018, Fontys is ranked as the most desired employer of the Netherlands in the Universities (Research and Applied Sciences) category. Do you value (personal) growth and development as much as we do? Then we look forward to meeting you! We challenge you to further develop your talents and contribute to achieving our ambitions. In this process, you can count on our support. We offer a broad range of career- and development opportunities and an extensive scope of courses and sports to help you live a healthy and active lifestyle. In addition, we offer an end-of-the-year bonus, several collective insurances and flexible working hours and a flexible holiday planning.
AfdelingThe IB education is part of Fontys School of Business and Communication (FSBC), with over 5000 students and approximately 400 employees.Fontys School of Business and Communication wants to work towards education where students can start broad in their first year within the economic educations within Fontys .Depending on their need they can choose broadly or switch easily, because Fontys School of Business and Communication works with one educational vision, the foundation years have elements in common and are adapted to one another.Students choose an education and experience the convenience of switching easily.In the long term students will experience the flexibility and the convenience of choices.Fontys School of Business and Communication wants to be a strong partner in the international Brainport region.Lecturers and employees within Fontys School of Business and Communication work together within specialisms and portfolios, through the different educations.Through the combined expertise and the research of the Research department within the institute, Fontys School of Business and Communication is capable of achieving and realize solid and multidisciplinary (research-) projects with the working field.
Functie eisenMost importantly, you are passionate about education. Your key drive is working to develop young ambitious students into business professionals. Teaching and coaching is in your DNA.
- You have a master’s degree in: (Financial) Economics, International Business or a related field.
- You have a strong track record in teaching and coaching and a good connection with the professional community
- You have an international outlook and outstanding communication and networking skills.
- Your (international) network is extensive and you are able and willing to use this network in your work as lecturer.
- You have knowledge of: accounting statements, cost calculations, capital budgeting techniques and foreign exchange markets. In addition you have thorough knowledge of applied (business) research.
- You have experience in individual coaching and group coaching, and you have an excellent command of the English language.
BijzonderhedenStart date: November 1st 2019Date Interviews: September 16- 20 2019Extra information: a trial lecture will be part of the assessment
ArbeidsvoorwaardenContract: temporary for 1 year (with the intention to permanent employment)
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct