- Hotelschool The Hague
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.560,72 - €4.892,31)
- Economie, Techniek
Lecturer in Information Management and Hospitality Technology
Help students learn how to Integrate Technology and Business
General Function Description
You are able to teach courses that are closely linked to real-world hospitality management practice. You are a professional and motivating lecturer, encouraging both students and colleagues to achieve excellence. You are an active team player willing to cooperate and contribute to the school’s success. You are both coach and lecturer, with a multidisciplinary approach to business problems. You feel at home in a dynamic and international academic environment. Your teaching and coaching responsibilities will include amongst others:
• Introducing Students to (Hospitality) Technology: Distribution, Guest Facing Technology and Hospitality Software
• Alignment of Business and Technology
• Coaching students in their Final year
• Developing new courses and electives
Hotelschool The Hague was founded in 1929, making it one of the oldest independent hotel schools in the world. Since 1929, Hotelschool The Hague has been renowned for its education and innovative research, and is ranked among the Top 5 Hospitality Management Schools in the world. The school has two campuses, one in The Hague and one in Amsterdam with over 2500 students, an international student intake of over 40% and more than 250 employees.
For the last four years, Hotelschool The Hague has been voted best public hotel school in The Netherlands. Furthermore, Hotelschool The Hague’s Master in International Hospitality Management has been voted Best Master in Business Administration 2017 in The Netherlands by 'Keuzegids Masters 2017'. Graduates of Hotelschool The Hague occupy leading positions in the hospitality industry all over the world.
You will join a multidisciplinary team of faculty working in a range of hospitality related business areas. The school community is international, and the program is taught, and all business is conducted completely in English. Hotelschool The Hague has an excellent reputation developed over 85 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational program and the experience and quality of our staff and lecturers. You will join a dynamic, hardworking team of professionals in a friendly and challenging environment.
Position in the organisation
The Faculty is organised by the academic disciplines of:
• Professional Development
• Operations Management
• Finance, Accounting, Law and ICM
• Marketing and Innovation
• Organisational Behaviour and Leadership
Every faculty member works under the direction of one Faculty Department Head, based upon their area of expertise. The Faculty Department Head reports to the Dean of Faculty and together with the Dean, the Faculty Department Heads are responsible for the academic program of the school.
• Preferably a Master’s Degree or relevant qualifications and a willingness to obtain a Master’s Degree
• minimum 2 years of work experience in Information Management/Technology, preferably in the hospitality or
related services industries;
• preferably teaching experience in Higher Education and or training/coaching young professionals;
• an excellent oral and written command of English; native level (C2) is required;
• excellent social skills, an ability to work independently, and a proactive attitude to problem solving;
• convincing motivation to join Hotelschool The Hague
• an inspiring team player;
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 11 with a range between € 3,564 and € 4,896 depending on your professional experience and qualifications. In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
· A 13th month;
· an excellent package of fringe benefits;
· a retirement pension through ABP;
· excellent opportunities for further education;
· the possibility to participate in collective (health) insurance;
· generous opportunities for sabbatical;
· when appropriate, we provide professional expat services.
To apply for this position, go to: http://hotelschool.nl/en/about-us/vacancies select Lecturer in Information Management and Hospitality Technology and select the “apply” tab on the right portion of the screen.
Please send your application letter and CV in English, to the attention of Ms G J. Roos, Human Resources Advisor a.i..The application deadline is April 22th, 2019.
An English language proficiency test and a trial lesson will be part of the selection procedure.
You will mainly teach at our campus in The Hague, but sometimes it may be required to work at the campus in Amsterdam.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct