- Hotelschool The Hague
- Amsterdam (Noord-Holland)
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.392,46 - €4.661,12)
General function description
You are able to teach courses that are closely linked to real-world hospitality management practice. You are a professional and motivating lecturer, encouraging both students and colleagues to achieve excellence. You are an active team player willing to cooperate and contribute to the school’s success. You are both coach and lecturer, with a multidisciplinary approach to business problems. You feel at home in a dynamic and international academic environment.
Hotelschool The Hague was founded in 1929, making it one of the oldest independent hotel schools in the world. Since 1929, Hotelschool The Hague has been renowned for its education and innovative research, and is ranked among the Top 5 Hospitality Management Schools in the world. The school has two campuses, one in The Hague and one in Amsterdam with over 2500 students, an international student intake of over 40% and more than 250 employees.
For the last four years, Hotelschool The Hague has been voted best public hotel school in The Netherlands. Furthermore, Hotelschool The Hague’s Master in International Hospitality Management has been voted Best Master in Business Administration 2017 in The Netherlands by 'Keuzegids Masters 2017'. Graduates of Hotelschool The Hague occupy leading positions in the hospitality industry all over the world.
Hotelschool The Hague is looking for a:
Lecturer in Finance and Accounting
Using business acumen to create business value and return on investment.
You will join a multidisciplinary team of faculty working in a range of hospitality related business areas. The school community is international, and the program is taught, and all business is conducted completely in English. Hotelschool The Hague has an excellent reputation; the result of the structured & innovative educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff and lecturers. You will join a dynamic, hardworking team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment.
Position in the organisation
The Faculty is organised by the academic disciplines of:
- Professional Development
- Operations Management
- Finance, Accounting, Law and ICM
- Marketing and Innovation
- Organisational Behaviour and Leadership
Every faculty member works under the direction of one Faculty Department Head, based upon their area of expertise. The Faculty Department reports to the Dean of Faculty and together with the Dean, the Faculty Department Heads along with the Programme director are responsible for the academic program of the school.
The curriculum at Hotelschool The Hague is delivered in a unique competency approach. Courses are integrated using modern methods of practical application and active learning including blended learning, business simulations and case studies, enhancing the students' understanding of each discipline as it is used in real world scenarios.
- A Master degree with a major in Finance or Accounting or equivalent;
- Several years international working experience in the Hospitality sector in Finance, Accounting or hotel real estate & investments is preferred;
- Teaching experience or proven affinity with teaching;
- Analytical and conceptual skills and an excellent command of the English language;
- An inspiring team player for all Hotelschool The Hague students and faculty;
- Able to work in a self-directing team;
- A contemporary vision on higher education;
- An active relationships with industry and other stakeholders in your knowledge area;
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 11 with a range between € 3,392.46 and € 4,661.12 depending on your professional experience and qualifications. In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- A 13th month;
- an excellent package of fringe benefits;
- a retirement pension through ABP;
- excellent opportunities for further education;
- the possibility to participate in collective (health) insurance;
- generous opportunities for sabbatical;
- when appropriate, we provide professional expat services.
To apply for this position, go to: http://hotelschool.nl/en/about-us/vacancies select Lecturer in Finance and Accounting and select the “apply” tab on the right portion of the screen.
Please send your application letter and CV in English, to the attention of Ms L.E. Overwater, HR Advisor. The application deadline is 30 March 2018. The starting date is as soon as possible.
An English language proficiency test and a trial lesson will be part of the selection procedure.
You are willing and able to work at both our school campuses in Amsterdam and in The Hague.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct