- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- Onderzoek / Lector
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0,7 fte, max. 0,9 fte
- max. 11 (€3.392,46 - €4.661,12)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
What exactly will you do?
The position combines teaching, thesis supervision and administrative duties. ES courses are taught in small teams of 2 to 5 lecturers under the guidance of a module manager. You will participate in creating and marking exams for the courses you teach as well as developing educational content and teaching materials when needed. You will also supervise final year projects and dissertations in the areas of politics and public administration.
- Candidates must have a higher degree (Masters or PhD) in Political Science EU Public Administration or a directly related field;
- Candidates must have high proficiency in English (at least level C1) and conversational understanding of Dutch is an asset but not essential;
- Candidates must have the ability to deliver courses in the areas of European Union Institutions (first year), European Public Policy (second year), and Intergovernmental and Non-governmental Organizations (first year).
- Candidates must have research experience and the ability to teach research courses and should thus have knowledge of qualitative methodology (particularly research interviews) as well as quantitative methodology (particularly surveys and basic data processing in Excel) and supervise theses;
- The ability to offer other elective courses related to your own specialism could be an advantage
- Candidates must have the ability to work as a team player in a multicultural team.
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them. Their whole lives.
As a University of Applied Sciences we stand in the middle of society and we also want to reflect this. In addition to our diversity amongst students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values the same type of diversity in her staff and among students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population in which equal opportunities stand out.
The European Studies (ES) undergraduate degree in European Studies (ES) is part of the Faculty of Management and Organization at The Hague University of Applied Sciences. European Studies has two variants. ES-full time 4-year programme and ES-full time 3-year programme. The programme has approx 1,100 students and offers an engaging learning environment, excellent facilities and the guarantee of a high-quality education. The curriculum is exclusively offered in English.
- A team player with strong communication skills;
- Student focused;
- Stress resistant and representative;
- Enterprising, proactive, pragmatic and flexible;
- Innovative and inspiring;
Do you also fit the job requirements below? Then we would like to invite you to apply for this vacancy.
- You have a university degree (Masters or PhD) in Political Science, EU Public Administration or a directly related field;
- You have a good command of the English language (at least level C1) and conversational understanding of the Dutch language is an asset;
- You have research experience and the ability to teach research courses and supervise theses;
- You have intercultural communication skills and you can easily switch with diversity of people and roles.
You can apply for this position through the application button until the 27th of June 2018. Applications should consist of a letter of motivation and a curriculum vitae.
Interviews will be scheduled in the week of July 2.
What we offer
- A salary up to 4777,65 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. (The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education.)
- A full 13th month;
- An appointment of 0,7 -0,9 FTE, 28-36 hours in a temporary position for a period of 1 year with the possibility of extension;
- An easily accessible work space Holland Spoor by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Holland Spoor station)
- An excellent work-life balance;
- Opportunities for training and personal development;
- A large network and a dynamic environment among young, motivated international students and employees within the higher education in a metropolitan context, national and international.
Do you want more information?
For in-depth information about this vacancy, please contact Mr.Maarten van Munster via e-mail at M.vanMunster@hhs.nl. Want more information on the application process? Then contact Pamela Leidsman, Resourcing Advisor on 070-4458443 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct