- Avans Hogeschool
- min. 0.6 fte, max. 0.8 fte
- max. 11 (€3.560,72 - €4.892,31)
- Agro & food
As a lecturer in Environmental Sciences, you will be teaching students on the Bachelor of Environmental Science for Sustainable Energy and Technology (ESSET). You convey your knowledge to students with passion.
Due to the increasing number of students and our need to replace another lecturer, we are looking for a lecturer in Environmental Sciences – mainly to teach on the Water management, Ecology and Climate Change track. You are a source of inspiration for colleagues and students. You teach and assist with educational projects. You coach students throughout their studies, in their work placements and in their graduation. You also seek to boost educational development by incorporating real-life projects in the curriculum.
Read our employees’ stories and discover what it means to work for Avans.
- You have earned a university degree in Environmental Sciences, Water Management, Hydrology or a similar field of studies.
- Furthermore, you have gained extensive relevant experience, either in industry or in research, with an emphasis on climate adaptation and mitigation, GIS and hydrology models.
- You have obtained or are willing to obtain the Basiskwalificatie Didactische Bekwaamheid. This is the teaching qualification for lecturers in universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands.
- You have an extensive network in the above disciplines.
- You are creative in transferring theoretical and practical knowledge.
- As you have excellent written and verbal English skills, teaching in English will not be a problem for you.
- Guiding students and collaborating with them comes naturally to you.
- Team-focused, results-driven, passionate and enterprising are words that characterise you as a professional.
- Familiarity with R/Python or comparable modelling languages is an asset.
The School of Life Sciences and Environmental Technology at Avans University of Applied Sciences in Breda offers 4 study programmes: the Bachelor of Biology & Medical Laboratory Research, the Bachelor of Chemistry, the Bachelor of Chemical Engineering and the English-language Bachelor of Environmental Science for Sustainable Energy and Technology, ESSET. The school has approximately 1,800 students and 160 members of staff. Around 250 students and 14 lecturers together make up the ESSET department.
The school works in close collaboration with 3 Avans research groups: Analysis Techniques in Life Sciences, Biobased Energy and Biobased Product Development. The hiring policy focuses on ‘triple O’ lecturers — lecturers who have specialist knowledge, but above all, are also able to switch seamlessly between teaching, researching and entrepreneurship, thereby contributing to the school's ambitions.
Avans University of Applied Sciences is committed to bringing out the best in people. It has a reputation for being an excellent employer. We live up to our commitment by offering attractive employment conditions.
- We offer you plenty of opportunity for personal and professional development.
- You will receive a monthly salary in scale 11: € 3,560.72 – € 4,892.31 gross based on a full-time position. This is in accordance with the Higher Professional Education Collective Labour Agreement.
- A year-end bonus in the form of a thirteenth month's salary is a standard remuneration component.
- You will be able to start work on 1 September 2020.
- We offer a contract for the duration of 1 year, with the possibility of extension depending on performance.
- We offer you the position of ‘Docent HBO’. This is the official job title.
If you are sure this job is the right fit for you and you are keen to join Avans, then apply for this job no later than 12 April 2020. We aim to inform you of the status of your application within 2 weeks of the closing date. For further information about the position, please contact Reineke Klein Entink, Programme Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the application procedure, please contact Iris Wubben, Vice-Dean of the school, 088-5258475 or email@example.com.
Please note that this vacancy is advertised simultaneously, internally as well as externally. We will remove this vacancy from our website after the closing date. No rights may be derived from the content of this text. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct