- Hogeschool Windesheim
- Zwolle (Overijssel)
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 0,8 fte
- max. 11 (€3.392,46 - €4.661,12)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
Are you the inspiring, experienced, and somewhat headstrong lecturer in Circular Economy and Social Entrepreneurship? Would you like to educate students to become highly competent professionals, who are active across public and private domains, have a reflective attitude, a global mindset, and promote intercultural diversity and sustainability? Than you might be our perfect candidate.
Windesheim Honours College is looking for an experienced and inspiring business lecturer with a focus on circular economy and social entrepreneurship. The successful candidate will be committed to international and excellent education and able to work effectively within a team environment. You are able to teach introductory and advanced courses and you have a relevant and extensive network. You have experience with applied research in a business context. The successful candidate is eager to develop innovative and inspiring learning environments in close collaboration with the work field.
• Teach circular economy, social entrepreneurship and other business related courses with a global focus, including, but not limited to, the preparation of course materials (online and classroom), and development and grading of assessments (exams and assignments).
• Organize concepts to be taught in a logical and understandable sequence covering all the course objectives, as well as regularly revising/updating all course materials.
• Establish positive classroom relationships with students. Provide opportunities for in-class discussions and questions and displays enthusiasm about the students, the subject matter, and the learning process.
• Strive for consistency and fairness in preparation and grading of assessments and provides timely formative feedback to students.
• Ensure quality improvement of the courses and own work.
• Collaborate with colleagues and the work field to successfully further develop the curriculum (especially in the field of social entrepreneurship) and the educational concept of WHC.
• Contribute to the positioning of WHC at regional, national and international level.
Windesheim Honours College forms an inspiring learning community where learning by experience plays a central role. Our slogan is “we dare to face challenges, we share in a powerful community and we care about humanity”. The vision of WHC is to become the Universities of Applied Sciences benchmark for Honours Colleges focusing on local talent, global impact, and global talent, local impact. WHC is the top choice for intrinsically motivated and gifted students who strive to develop, apply and combine their talents to become excellent project and change managers, whom businesses and organizations compete for to hire them.
At the Windesheim Honours College, dedicated teachers and motivated students collaborate to build an innovative educational environment where everyone is challenged to think critically, ask questions, take risks and explore the full scope of the world around them. The work is demanding, the standards are high, but at WHC students acquire the intellectual and practical tools that will enrich their lives and enable them to thrive in a rapidly changing global community.
Working at Windesheim means being committed to your subject, your students and your colleagues. We are an ambitious and socially engaged organization and we look for people who share those qualities. Want to know what it's like to work at Windesheim? Then listen to the people who already do! Choosing Windesheim means choosing an employer that values its personnel and rewards them accordingly.
- Master's Degree in (social) entrepreneurship, business administration or a related field required, PhD preferred.
- Strong foundation in circular economy and social entrepreneurship
- Previous teaching experience is required, preferably in an honours setting or with innovative didactic methods.
- Experience with developing innovative learning environments in close collaboration with the work field is of added value.
- Strong interest in global issues.
- Strong professional network at regional, national and international level
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Flexible and easy to reach.
- Excellent command of the English language, spoken and written; good knowledge of Dutch is preferred.
- Solid knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office computer software, solid knowledge and skills with MS Project preferred.
Windesheim University of Applied Sciences is an organization that stimulates personal development contributing to the realization of our ambitious collective goals. We offer a position for one year. The position qualifies as Hogeschooldocent A according to the functional profile system of Windesheim University of Applied Sciences. Depending on your previous education and professional work experience, your salary in a full-time position will be between € 3.392,- and € 4.661,- (equivalent to scale 11 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Universities of Applied Sciences).
Are you are interested in this position? Please contact Lineke Stobbe 06-23135402 or Liesbeth Rijsdijk 06-18781825 if you have further questions. Procedural questions, or questions on the conditions you can contact Charissa Verhoef, recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org / 088-4698388.
You can apply till Monday 25 September 2017.
The interviews will be scheduled on Friday 6 October 2017.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct