- Zuyd Hogeschool
- Maastricht (Limburg)
- min. 0,4 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.392,46 - €4.661,12)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
Our new colleagues will:
- Contribute towards the development and innovation of our educational programme on the basis of their expertise;
- Independently hold lectures and tutorials;
- Supervise and coach our students in tutor and project groups;
- Coach our students individually, as a study coach, as an internships supervisor and/or as a career coach;
- Contribute to and reinforce the HMSM community by participating in extra- curricular activities (selection, introduction week, etc.)
The Hotel Management School Maastricht (HMSM) is part of the Faculty of Hotel and Facility Management of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences. Our school is internationally viewed as one of the leading institutes in its field. We offer a Bachelor of Business Administration and tw0 Master of Science programmes.
HMSM supports and educates students to become qualified and passionate hospitality professionals able to contribute to the development and innovation of the (inter)national hospitality industry. To realise this we offer a 4 year bachelor course which comprises a foundation programme (5 semesters) and a specialisation programme (3 semesters) with three tracks: Hotel Management, Food Service and Horizons in Hospitality.
Our bachelor programme is taught in English and in Dutch and we invest intensively in the further development of our international community.
The masters’ courses in Innovative Hospitality Management and Facility & Real Estate Management are organised in collaboration with international partners.
The focus of the Hotel Management School Maastricht is the next step in hospitality. We strongly believe that individual responsibility and personal attention are essential to be successful in both our programme and the hospitality industry. We are a value driven organisation where passion, professionalism, initiative, openness and inspiration are our day to day guidelines. We offer a small scale and intensive educational programme and therefore invest strongly in building and maintaining our academic and professional community of students, lecturers, supporting staff and alumni.
What do we expect?
Besides the academic qualifications (Master or PhD) in the specific fields of expertise, we strive to recruit new team members with the following profile:
- A personality able to inspire our students and engage them actively in the learning process;
- Preferably an international background or, if not, demonstrable competence in English in order to teach at the level of a (near) native speaker (Minimum level C1 );
- Affinity with/experience in teaching at higher vocational education (HBO) level. In the possession of a recognised teaching certificate or - if not - the willingness to attain this;
- Preferably a sound understanding of / experience in the hospitality industry;
- A research mind set with a drive for applied research;
- An attitude promoting a work environment that fosters creative thinking, co-creation, and innovation;
- A team player yet with the ability to work independently.
What we offer:
- We welcome you in our institute which offers a challenging and innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
- The positions can vary between 0.4 FTE - 1,0 FTE depending on availability, initially for a period of one year at Zuyd University or via payrolling (Randstad Employability). Should the candidate prove suitable and perform favourably, then the contract may be extended, provided operating circumstances remain unchanged.
- The salary scale awarded depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience, and is set in accordance with the collective labour agreement (CAO) in the higher vocational education sector within the career prospects of scale 11 (with, from September 2018, a minimum of € 3.477,27 and a maximum € 4.777,65 gross per month when appointed full-time).
- The applicable terms of employment include both 8% holiday pay and a fixed bonus equivalent to one month’s salary.
Are you interested?
Further information is available on our website: www.hotelschoolmaastricht.nl
For additional information requests please contact Mrs Marja Windhorst, Manager foundation programme HMSM, tel. 0031 – 6 - 51196675 or via email email@example.com, or Mrs Rita Kusters, Manager specialisations HMSM, tel. 0031 -6 – 380 71 572 or via e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates should apply for the position by June 24 2018 at the very latest by entering their personal details (accompanied by a cover letter and CV) on the website www.werkenbijzuyd.nl.
Unfortunately, we cannot process cover letters addressed directly to the contact person or submitted by other means.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct