- Hanzehogeschool Groningen
- Groningen (Groningen)
- min. 0,6 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.477,27 - €4.777,65)
As a lecturer you take care of organising, conducting, and assessing relevant courses and projects within the CMD programme, and especially within the major GD. You participate in designing, evaluating and improving the curriculum in cooperation with the other members of the team.
Additionally, you may be tasked with supervising students during their internships and graduation projects, or as their general mentor throughout their studies. Participating in innovative research projects may become part of your tasks, depending on preference, ability and availability.
As a lecturer Game Design you will be responsible for the following topics:
- basic programming/ scripting – basic programming concepts and constructs, input handling, working with databases; working with various platforms (e.g. mobile, web-based, PC, etc.);
- gameplay programming/ scripting – object-oriented programming, game-specific algorithms (e.g. pathfinding, artificial intelligence); working with various languages and packages (e.g. HAXE,, C#, Unity3D, etc.);
- game production – organising the production process, production management, quality assurance; working with project management methods such as scrum.
The Institute of Communication, Media & IT (CMI), as part of the Hanze University of Applied Sciences in Groningen, specialises in offering a wide range of multifaceted, innovative and internationally oriented bachelor programmes.
The international program Game Design Development (GD) is one of the three majors within the bachelor study Communication & Multimedia Design (CMD). Within GD, we train students to become professional game designers and game developers in the international creative industry. Through interactive workshops and real-world project cases, students learn how to analyse, design, develop and evaluate both serious games and entertainment games in a realistic and professional setting.
Students experience different aspects of the professional field of CMD in the first year, whereas the main phase focuses on the knowledge and body of skills related to game design and development. The other two majors we offer are Interaction Design and Visual Design.
The research group User-Centered Design, linked to CMD, is concerned with integrating applied research into the topics relevant to the majors of Communication & Multimedia Design. The CMD program is closely linked to the research group, allowing new insights to be embedded into the curriculum and allowing students to work on relevant research and development cases.
Due to a growth in our student numbers we have an exciting new opportunity for the position of Lecturer Game Design & Development.
You will be employed at the School of Communication, Media & IT at the bachelor study CMD. One of the programme managers of CMD will be your supervisor.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team. The successful candidate will have:
- an academic background with a master’s degree in a relevant field;
- knowledge of actual developments in the field of game design/ development;
- several years of experience within the creative industry;
- a relevant and active professional network;
- a passion to inspire students and the ability to contribute to further our educational and professional vision;
- a pragmatic and pro-active approach and the flexibility to work within a young and dynamic multidisciplinary team;
- a modern, authentic and student-focused approach to teaching, coaching, and supervising students within the curriculum;
- an excellent proficiency in oral and written English as well as excellent intercultural communication skills.
Closing date for this post is December 16th.
The interviews will take place on Wednesday 19 December 2018 (in the morning) and Thursday 20 December 2018.
This vacancy is internal and external published; this means that employees of Hanze University of Applied Sciences are preferred over external candidates.
We do not appreciate acquisition in reference to this advertisement.
This is a lecturer position for 0,6 FTE – 1,0 FTE, starting per February 1st 2019. It concerns a structural position, where we first offer a temporary employment contract. Another option is a secondment from your current employer, the exact possibilities can be discussed in a later stage. We also want to motivate candidates to respond who may want to work in the form of a dual job, on the one hand in business and on the other hand teaching at our university. Depending on your background and wishes and our possibilities with regard to fitting in the team, we will discuss the exact extent of your deployment.
The appointment is subject to current cao-hbo guidelines. The function scale is 11. The salary is a minimum of € 3.281,- and a maximum of € 4.777,- gross per month based on fulltime employment.
In addition, you will be entitled to holiday pay and a year-end bonus. Hanze UAS offers plenty of opportunities for further development in your field.
A certificate of good conduct may be required. You will get reimbursement for the fee by the Hanze University.
Should you need further information regarding this vacancy, please contact drs. Henriët Eilander, programme manager CMD, telephone number (+31) (0)6-25151594.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct