- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 1 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.477,27 - €4.777,65)
- Stafdienst (algemeen), Pabo & lerarenopleidingen
Can you motivate young people to develop themselves into young professionals that have more skills than just standard legal knowledge? Would you be the one that continually challenges them to walk the extra mile in improving their EU Law related assignments and projects? Can you translate your experience from practice into learning goals for our students? Are you a front runner in integrating technological advancement in your courses and teaching?
What exactly will you do?
You will be carrying out teaching duties in the EU Law line of our Program. As a lecturer in our programme you can have roles as substance expert, teacher, student coach, organizer, networker, researcher and developer. We are specifically looking for someone that can teach the following courses EU Decision-making, Competition Law, EU Public Law. We also expect you to be able to teach introductory courses in other legal fields and carry tutorial and mentoring duties.
A number of responsibilities:
- Teaching courses mainly in the area of EU Law;
- Guiding students in their development and acquisition of learning skills;
- Carrying out coaching activities for specific groups of students that is focused on study succes, responsibility, development of a professional identity and world citizenship.
- Tutoring students with their practical law related assignments, applied research projects and internships;
- Coordinating programme activities and courses, like internships;
- Contribution to developing the curriculum further as a job-market oriented curriculum and participate in focused committee work;
- Interact with representatives of local, national, and international businesses, nonprofit organisations and governmental institutions to develop applied learning projects and study/career opportunities for our students;
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them. Their whole lives.
As a University of Applied Sciences we stand in the middle of society and we also want to reflect this. In addition to our diversity amongst students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values the same type of diversity in her staff and among students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population in which equal opportunities stand out.
Do you want to know more about the Law Programme and the Faculty?
The International and European Law Bachelor Program of The Hague University (THU) is a 4-year LL.B. program, aimed at training students in the fields of International and European law, with a strong emphasis on practical legal skills. The Program, which is licensed and accredited by the Dutch Government, is fast-growing with currently around 1000 students and 40 faculty members of diverse international backgrounds. Further information about The Hague University and the program is available at http://www.thehagueuniversity.com/.
For this vacancy we are looking for a collegial and enthusiastic lecturer with strong organizational skills. You have experience as in house counsel/lawyer and have dealt with EU rules and regulations, or you have worked at EU Institutions with an eye for the position of the commercial market. You are competent with IT Tools and have an open mind towards new teaching— and learning methods. You are a team player and have strong communication skills. You like to work with people from different cultural backgrounds. You have interest and demonstrable expertise in teaching. In this Law Program fluency in English is required.
Do you also fit the job requirements below? If so, we encourage you to apply for this vacancy.
- You have at least a Master in Law in (an area of) EU law;
- You can start not later than 15 April 2019;
- You have relevant work experience and demonstrable practice experience in at least one of the course subjects;
- You should have a clear interest and demonstrable (or potential) expertise in teaching;
- You should have obtained, or be willing to obtain, a teaching qualification (BDB).
What we offer
- A salary between 3.477,27 and € 4.777,65 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. (The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education.);
- A full 13th month;
- An appointment of 1 FTE, 40 hours in a temporary position for a period of one year, with the possibility of extension;
- An easily accessible work space Holland Spoor, by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Hollands Spoor station);
- The space and resources for professional and personal development;
- The Lighthouse: a platform to generate connections, meetings, knowledge sharing and inspiration;
- Knowledge development through attending symposiums, lectures and courses.
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is 9 January 2019. Interviews will be done in the week of 14-18 January 2019.
As a part of the second interview a presentation is required.
Do you want more information?
For in-depth information about this vacancy, please contact Dr Tamara Takacs via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . Want more information on the application process? Then contact Resourcing, via +31 (0)70-445 8612 or email@example.com .
Due to the Christmas break THUAS will be closed from 22 December 2018 until 7 January 2019.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct