- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- Onderwijsgevend, Ondersteunend / Staf
- min. 0.7 fte, max. 0.8 fte
- max. 11 (€3.881,09 - €5.332,48)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
Functie-inhoudLecturer Dutch/Business Communication
The International School of Business (ISB) of HAN University of Applied Sciences offers English-taught programs in the business domain. ISB is currently looking for a Lecturer Dutch/Business Communication.
What are your tasks?
You will contribute to the school's objectives by engaging in scholarly activity through teaching, coaching and supervision. More particularly, you will be expected to provide first-class teaching across the range of education programs at the International School of Business in Arnhem.
Your main task will be to teach Business Dutch to students from across the globe. Modules range from basic grammar to more business-oriented competence-based classes. Given that we are a business school, the focus is on teaching Dutch for business purposes combined with intercultural competencies. The Foreign Languages department has welcomed online examination and is determined to explore this further.
You will contribute to the development of the academic programs and modules reflecting the importance of business communication in a leading Business School. Tasks such as supervising and coaching students during their studies and their (graduation) internship may also be part of the job. Students will be guided on their way to become responsible Global citizens. We expect (over time) a contribution to the development of internal and external relationships by engaging with the wider research and professional international community at HAN and beyond.
The ability to teach other courses of our programme (e.g. Business German/Spanish/French; Marketing & Sales; Supply Chain Management; Finance and economics; Management, organisation and change) would be a significant asset.
What are your qualities?
- An (international) student-centered attitude;
- University Degree (Master) in Dutch;
- NT2 teaching qualification;
- At least 4 years of relevant international business work experience in a relevant field;
- Good intercultural teamwork skills;
- Well-developed ICT skills;
- Team player, proactive and hands-on attitude;
- Expertise in the field of education;
- Good mastery of the English language (at least C1);
- Experience in teaching Dutch as a second language.
What do we offer?
- An independent and varied job in a dynamic and informal setting;
- Appointment will initially be for one year and will start January 9, 2023;
- Depending on your experience level, the position will be at the level of Lecturer level 1;
- The gross monthly salary for Lecturer 1 is a maximum of € 5.332,48 (scale 11 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Universities of Applied Sciences);
- The salary is exclusive of 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% annual bonus;
- Besides, the HAN offers good provisions regarding pension, health care, training facilities, mobility and parental leave.
Are you interested?
Click on the link below this advertisement before 17 October to apply online. You can address the cover letter and curriculum vitae in English, to Ms. Jetsje Sluiters, Academy Manager.
The first job interview will take place on Tuesday 1 November 2022 in Arnhem.
A Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG, certificate of conduct) is required for employment at HAN University of Applied Sciences.
Would you like more information?
Mr. Jeroen Claessen, content leader of the Foreign Languages Team
Phone: 06 11 43 01 96
Would you like more information about the application procedure for this vacancy?
Susan Willemsen, employee Resource Desk
Phone: 06 55 24 07 04
HAN University of Applied Sciences (HAN) is a leading University of applied sciences in the Netherlands. From its campuses in Arnhem and Nijmegen, 4,000 staff members provide education to 35,000 students in over 80 Bachelors and Masters courses. Six of these Bachelors courses and 4 of these Masters courses are taught in English to over 2,000 international students. International School of Business offers the English-taught programmes Communications Studies and International Business. International Business has four specialisations: Finance, Supply Chain Management, Marketing & Sales and Organisation & Change.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement will not be appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct