- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Onderwijsgevend, Onderzoek / Lector
- Gepromoveerd, WO
- min. 0.6 fte, max. 1 fte
- min. 10 (€3.018,49 - €4.569,57), max. 11 (€3.881,09 - €5.332,48)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
You are passionate about for qualitative & quantitative methodology and media or design driven research, and would like to share this passion with others. Working as a lecturer (docent in Dutch) for 0.6-1.0 FTE at the Academy for Games & Media of Breda University of Applied Sciences gives you this opportunity. You will translate the industry’s research demands into education and work in existing R&D projects around immersive media. We work together with industry partners and have alumni in leading studios. You will be working near the city centre of Breda, on a green, sustainable and high-tech campus at a top ranked academy with interconnectedness of the industry!
About this job
You will be teaching qualitative and or quantitative research at the Academy for Games & Media, specifically (innovative) research skills needed within the creative industry. This implies helping to translate existing R&D projects at BUas into education by executing existing teaching materials and embedding research skills mainly within our bachelor programmes. You will work with students on projects and in study units on topics like immersive media and applied qualitative & quantitative methods. In addition, you will be coaching and supervising students in close collaboration with industry and international knowledge partners (R&D projects) during internships and in graduation phases. These projects will have a strong focus on new media concept deliverables or publications. Within the academy you will become the point of contact for questions and help needed in research projects. You will work under supervision of the senior R&D teachers but also provide colleagues with information on how to become better researchers which contributes to getting their work published in Industry and or academic journals. Given the international context within the academy, all communication and teaching is in English.
You will become part of the international creative business team. Funded research projects from within the industry plays an important role within our education and provides us with modern research tools and lab facilities. This provides you with the opportunity to do research and support smart, highly committed and creative young people of doing so themselves at a top ranked university of applied sciences.
This is a temporary position due to sick leave replacement. The starting date is as soon as possible, but of course in consultation with the applicant.
What do we offer?
- The salary for this position amounts to a monthly minimum of € 3,018.49 and a maximum of € 5,332.48 (gross amount based on full-time employment);
- The classification for this position will be at level 10 or 11 of the CAO HBO (collective labor agreement), depending on your level of education;
- This is a temporary position due to sick leave replacement. You will be offered a half-year contract with a possible renewal depending on the duration of the sick leave;
- Your commuting expenses will be fully reimbursed when you travel by public transport;
- You will receive compensation for health insurance;
- You will also be awarded professional development hours every year and almost eleven weeks of holiday entitlements in a full-time position;
- You will be working at a top ranked university of applied sciences on a green and sustainable campus near the city center of Breda;
- You have the newest research labs and facilities at your disposal to teach applied research using biometrics or xr-research;
- You will be working in an attractive and friendly working environment together with enthusiastic colleagues from the industry and students from around the world;
- You will be working at an academy which has strong network relations and invests in new media, game and research facilities. It also gives you access to international R&D projects and networks;
- We provide support and financial reimbursements in the case of relocation and settling-in in the Netherlands. Dutch tax authorities may offer tax reduction to applicants from abroad (which makes tax rates comparable to the UK and US).
What do we ask of you?
- You are passionate about your work and would like to share this passion with our students and others. You have creative and fresh ideas on how to share this information and knowledge;
- You have experience in teaching qualitative and quantitative research skills to students within higher education, and in working with them on Research & Development projects;
- You are used to teaching in small and large student groups and adapt teaching methods to students' learning needs;
- You have international experience in research and know the international research world;
- You have an affinity with innovative media research & development and new research methods such as VR, Simulations and observational techniques;
- You have a relevant master’s degree or PhD in a relevant field;
- You will be working in an international and intercultural setting. Therefore, having excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are a necessity.
The application process
Please send us your application 1 December via the online application form (see link on this page). Your application letter may be sent in English. Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact Arnoud Versluis at email@example.com with questions about the job itself, or with firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the application process. You will receive a reply to your application two weeks after the closing date at the latest.
If you have an account on our website, you can log in and apply for this position directly. The information in your profile will be used for your application which will save you time filing it. Among candidates with equal qualifications and experience, preference will be given to the internal candidate.
External recruiters need not inquire.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct