- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Gepromoveerd, WO
- min. 0.2 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.658,64 - €5.026,85)
You are passionate about qualitative and quantitative methodology and media or design driven research and would like to share this passion with others. Working as a lecturer (docent in Dutch) for 0.2-1.0 FTE at the Academy for Games & Media of Breda University of Applied Sciences gives you this opportunity. You will translate the industry’s research demands into education and will become the point of contact for research questions. We work together with industry partners and have alumni in leading studios. You will be working near the city centre of Breda, on a green, sustainable and high-tech campus at a top-ranked academy with interconnectedness of the industry!
About this job
You will be teaching qualitative and quantitative research at the Academy for Games & Media, specifically innovative research skills needed within the creative industry. This implies translating industry demands into education by developing teaching materials and embedding research skills within our programmes. You will work with students on projects and in study units on topics such as applied research as well as qualitative and quantitative methods. In addition, you will be coaching and supervising students in close collaboration with industry and international knowledge partners (Research & Development projects) during placements and graduation. These projects will have a strong focus on new media concept deliverables or publications. Within the academy you will become the point of contact for questions and help needed in research projects. You also provide colleagues with information on how to become better researchers which contributes to getting their work published in academic journals within the industry.
You will become part of an international team. Funded research projects from within the industry play an important role within our education and provides us with modern research tools and lab facilities. This provides you with the opportunity to do research and support smart, highly committed and creative young people in doing so themselves at a top-ranked university of applied sciences.
What do we offer?
- The salary for this position amounts to a monthly minimum of € 3,658.64 and a maximum of € 5,026.85 (gross amounts based on full-time employment);
- The classification for this position will be at level 11 of the CAO HBO (collective labour agreement).
- You will be appointed to this position for one year. Are both parties satisfied after one year? Then we will extend your appointment;
- Your commuting expenses will be fully reimbursed when you travel by public transport;
- You will receive compensation for health insurance;
- You will also be awarded professional development hours every year and almost eleven weeks of holiday entitlements in a full-time position;
- You will be working at a top-ranked university of applied sciences on a green, sustainable and high-tech campus near the city centre of Breda;
- You will be working in an attractive and friendly working environment together with enthusiastic colleagues from the industry and students from around the world;
- You will be working at an academy which has strong network relations and invests in new media, game and research facilities;
- We provide support and financial reimbursements in the case of relocation and settling-in in the Netherlands. Dutch tax authorities may offer tax reduction to applicants from abroad (which makes tax rates comparable to the UK and US).
What do we ask of you?
- You are passionate about your work and would like to share this passion with our students and others. You have creative and fresh ideas on how to share this information and knowledge;
- You have experience in teaching qualitative and quantitative research skills to students within higher education, and in working with them on Research & Development projects;
- You have international experience in research and know the international research world;
- You have an affinity with innovative media research and development and new research methods such as VR, simulations and observational techniques;
- You have a relevant master’s degree or PhD in a relevant field;
- You will be working in an international and intercultural setting. Therefore, having excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is a necessity.
About Breda University of Applied Sciences
Breda University of Applied Sciences is an independent and international higher education institution, specialising in the disciplines of Built Environment, Facility, Games, Hotel, Leisure & Events, Logistics, Media, and Tourism. Breda University of Applied Sciences (hereinafter referred to as BUas) is committed to making a contribution to our globalising society by training young people to become responsible professionals – in cooperation with the international industries. Furthermore, BUas aims to create a stimulating workplace for both students and staff, to enable them to integrate knowledge and skills, to develop their talents to the fullest and apply these to society in a professional and responsible manner.
About the Academy for Games & Media (AGM)
AGM offers bachelor’s programmes in Game Architecture & Design and Creative Business. The CMGT Game Architecture & Design programme is a programme teaching all aspects of game development. The Creative Business programme focuses on creativity, technology and commercial thinking and offers specialisation areas in Media & Marketing, Production and Content. The academy also offers a Master in Media Innovation as well as a Master in Game Technology. Our programmes are both rated number one in national league tables (National Student Survey and Elsevier) because of their professional orientation as well as the quality and experience of our staff. The staff of the academy are recruited from all over the world (e.g. USA, UK, Australia, Italy, Belgium, and the Netherlands) and all courses are taught in English.
The application process
Please apply via the online application form (see link on this page). If you already have an account in our Talent Pool, you can log in and apply for this position directly. The information in your profile will be used for your application which will save you time filing it. Among candidates with equal qualifications and experience, preference will be given to the internal candidate.
Please send us your application before 2 July. Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact Arnoud Versluis via firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a reply to your application after 2 weeks at the latest.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct