- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- min. 1 fte, max. 1 fte
- min. 9 (€2.845,48 - €3.920,50), max. 11 (€3.658,64 - €5.026,85)
You are passionate about your work in television and film content and production and would like to share this passion with others. Working as a lecturer (docent in Dutch) at the Academy for Games & Media of Breda University of Applied Sciences gives you this opportunity. You will teach, supervise and develop course materials relating to content and story development for scripted, non-fiction and documentary productions and production processes, such as camera work, audio and editing. You will be working near the city centre of Breda, on a green, sustainable and high-tech campus at a top ranked academy, closely connect to the industry. Are you experienced and eager to guide and support our top-performing students in becoming the leading specialists in our field of work? This is the job for you!
About this job
You will be teaching at the Academy for Games & Media (AGM) of Breda University of Applied Sciences, specifically in Creative Business. This means delivering lectures, tutorials and workshops to students. You will be able to share your specialist skills in and knowledge of content and story development for scripted, non-fiction and documentary productions and production processes, such as camera work, audio and editing, and social media strategies and uses. You will also be coaching and supervising students in our ‘Production House’ (in-house media production company), during placements and in graduation capstone projects. In addition, you will have the opportunity to participate in research projects inspired by and related to the media industry. Developing course content, curriculum renewal as well as using your network to create strategic partnerships with national and international industry partners is also part of the job.
What do we offer?
- The salary for this position amounts to a monthly minimum of € 2,845.48 and a maximum of € 5,026.85 (gross amounts based on full-time employment);
- The classification for this position depends on previous experience and begins at level 9 up to level 11 of the CAO HBO (collective labour agreement).
- You will be appointed to this position for one year. Are both parties satisfied after one year? Then we will extend your appointment;
- Your commuting expenses will be fully reimbursed when you travel by public transport;
- You will receive compensation for health insurance;
- You will also be awarded professional development hours every year and almost eleven weeks of holiday entitlements in a full-time position;
- You will be working at a top-ranked university of applied sciences on a green, sustainable and high-tech campus near the city centre of Breda;
- You will be working in an attractive and friendly working environment together with enthusiastic colleagues from the industry and students from around the world;
- You will be working at an academy which has strong network relations and invests in new media, game and research facilities;
- We provide support and financial reimbursements in the case of relocation and settling-in in the Netherlands. Dutch tax authorities may offer tax reduction to applicants from abroad (which makes tax rates comparable to the UK and US).
What do we ask of you?
- You are passionate about your work and would like to share this passion with our students and others. You have creative and fresh ideas on how to share this information and knowledge;
- You have teaching experience within higher or university education and/or are willing to obtain a didactics certificate;
- You have multiple production and content development experiences on your CV. International experience is an asset;
- As a specialist in your field, you keep up to date with the latest developments and are always trying to improve and hone your skills;
- You have a relevant master’s degree or are willing to obtain one;
- You will be working in an international and intercultural setting. Therefore, having excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is a necessity.
About Breda University of Applied Sciences
Breda University of Applied Sciences is an independent and international higher education institution, specialising in the disciplines of Built Environment, Facility, Games, Hotel, Leisure & Events, Logistics, Media, and Tourism. Breda University of Applied Sciences (hereinafter referred to as BUas) is committed to making a contribution to our globalising society by training young people to become responsible professionals – in cooperation with the international industries. Furthermore, BUas aims to create a stimulating workplace for both students and staff, to enable them to integrate knowledge and skills, to develop their talents to the fullest and apply these to society in a professional and responsible manner.
About the Academy for Games & Media (AGM)
The Academy for Games & Media offers bachelor’s and master’s programmes in Creative Media and Games Technology (CMGT) and Creative Business (CB)The CMGT Game Architecture & Design programme is a programme teaching all aspects of game development. The Creative Business programme specialises in Media & Entertainment Marketing, Production and Content. The academy also offers a Master in Media Innovation as well as a Master in Game Technology. Our programmes are both rated number one in national league tables (National Student Survey and Elsevier) because of their professional orientation as well as the quality and experience of our staff. The staff of the academy are recruited from all over the world (e.g. USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Italy, Belgium, and the Netherlands) and all courses are taught in English.
The application process
We would like to invite you to apply via the online application form (see link on this page). If you already have an account in our Talent Pool, you can log in and apply for this position directly. The information in your profile will be used for your application which will save you time filing it. Among candidates with equal qualifications and experience, preference will be given to the internal candidate.
Please send us your application before 2 July. Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact Arnoud Versluis via firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a reply to your application after 2 weeks at the latest.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct