- Van Hall Larenstein, University of Applied Sciences
- Gepromoveerd, WO
- min. 0,7 fte, max. 0,8 fte
- max. 11 (€3.392,46 - €4.661,12)
- Agro & food
- Develop in collaboration with the IDM team, competence-based curricula and lectures with an emphasis on the spatial, financial, and climate change dimensions of Disaster Risk Management;
- Develop and deliver modules on disaster risk management;
- Contribute to modules, mentoring and other educational tasks within the IDM team;
- Contribute to educational innovation and practical learning;
- Supervise students during their thesis;
- Contribute to (international) educational and applied research projects.
Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences is an international green knowledge institute that combines education, delivered by passionate experts, and applied research within the various lectorates. We train our students to become responsible and proactive professionals who make a positive contribution to a sustainable society. Van Hall Larenstein offers a wide range of Bachelor programmes, (professional) Master programmes, Associate Degrees and courses and conducts applied research at its locations in Leeuwarden and Velp.
We are recruiting a colleague for 0,7/0,8 fte who can make an active contribution to the BSc Programme International Development Management (IDM). The three IDM specialisations are Disaster Risk Management, Rural Development & Innovation, and Sustainable Value Chains. The specialisation Disaster Risk Management educates students to work in contexts of disasters, protracted crises and conflict with affected and intervening actors. We are addressing subjects as disaster risk and response analysis, aid architecture, food insecurity, community resilience, risk governance, climate change adaptation, spatial dimensions of disaster risk management, and aid finance innovations.
All courses are taught in English and have a strong international focus. Staff are stimulated to be involved in international consultancy missions and project work.
- MSc or PhD degree in Land and Water Management, Climate Change Adaptation, Environmental Studies, Human Geography, Development Economics, or related field;
- Minimum of eight years of relevant work experience in international development preferably in disaster risk management, community resilience, climate change adaptation, social protection, financial innovations;
- Experience with participatory processes, social media/smartphones applications in DRM, earth-observation technologies and establishing public-private partnerships;
- Relevant and up-to-date international network;
- Good communication skills and outstanding command of the English language;
- Didactical skills or experience with education and willingness to obtain the didactical qualification certificate;
- Multi-tasking and versatile colleague.
Please send your motivation letter and CV before 7th of September 2017 through the application button on this page (only in Dutch).
Only online and digital applications will be considered.
Interviews will be scheduled in the second half of September 2017.
We offer initially a temporary contract of one year for 0,7/0,8 fte; with the possibility of extension based on proven competence. The salary (depending on knowledge, age and experience) is a maximum of € 4.661,12 gross per month for a fulltime position (in accordance with the Hay job profile docent 1, scale 11 CAO HBO).
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Suzanne Nederlof +31(0)6 48074249, or Annelies Heijmans +31(0)6 52407041.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct