- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0,6 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.477,27 - €4.777,65)
- Stafdienst (algemeen), Economie, Sociale studies
What exactly will you do
- Connecting theory and practice, providing opportunities for inclass discussions and displaying enthusiasm about your area of expertise, the students, and the learning process.
- Teaching of an introductory course in Criminology and a minor in Advanced Criminology
- Organising, coordinating and tutoring applied science projects in crime prevention through environmental design (CPTED) and citizen involvement management in public crime control.
- Co-teaching of introductory courses in Research Methods.
- Supervising thesis writing and internships.
- Updating the curriculum and the design of courses, using the latest educational insights and reflecting on changing demands from potential employers.
- Preparation of course materials (classroom and online) and development and grading of assessments (exams and assignments).
- Performing administrative duties for the programme or acting as a member on departmental committees, such as the Curriculum Committee or Assessment Committee.
- Working closely with department colleagues on issues of student performance, curriculum, assessment and department and educational policy.
Do you want to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future is what The Hague University of Applied Sciences does. We share our knowledge and give the students the skills they need to be strong and confident. We do this by emphasising three core values: global citizenship, internationalisation and networking. This helps students be aware of the world around them. Their whole lives.
As a University of Applied Sciences we stand in the middle of society and we also want to reflect this. In addition to our diversity amongst students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values the same type of diversity in her staff and among students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population in which equal opportunities stand out.
The Safety and Security Management Studies (SSMS) programme of The Hague University of Applied Sciences (THUAS) is an ambitious and well-established 4-year bachelor programme which prepares students for professional careers in the fields of international security, public safety and industrial safety. The SSMS programme, which is licensed and accredited by the Dutch Government, is a medium-sized and fast growing programme with currently over 350 students and 18 faculty members of diverse international backgrounds. Further information about The Hague University, the SSMS programme and its curriculum is available at http://www.thehagueuniversity.com/.
- Candidates must have minimally a master’s degree in criminology or a directly related area.
- Professional experience in the field of comparative criminology or a Ph.D. in the relevant area is highly desirable.
- Candidates should have a clear interest and demonstrable expertise in teaching criminology topics at the Dutch HBO (university of applied science) level.
- Additional expertise or interest in Crisis Communication and or Media Studies studies will be considered an asset.
- Competence with IT tools and fluency in both spoken and written English (at least level C1 and preferably level C2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) are essential.
Conditions of Appointment
- A salary up to € 4.777,65 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. The actual salary will be based on individual qualifications and experience. Salary progression beyond this point is subject to performance. The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education.
- Start of appointment is as soon as possible but not later than 1 February 2019
- A full 13th month.
- An appointment between 0,6 FTE 24 hours and 1.0 FTE 40 hours per week starting as soon as possible, initially in a temporary position for a period of one year, with the possibility of extension.
- An easily accessible work space, The Hague, by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Holland Spoor station).
- A generous leave policy of about 53 days for a full-time appointment including the compulsory free days and the national holidays.
- The space and resources for professional and personal development.
- Knowledge development through attending symposiums, lectures and courses.
- A large network and a dynamic environment among young, motivated international students and employees within the higher education in a metropolitan context.
Are you our new colleague?
If you fit the job requirements, then we encourage you to apply for this vacancy. You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is Sunday 18 November 2018. The recruitment procedure comprises a first-round personal interview with selected candidates in the week of 19 – 23 November and the week after, for those who move to the second round, preparing and delivering a mini-lecture on an assigned criminological topic followed by a second personal interview in the week of 3 – 7 December.
Do you want more information?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Dr. Bas van Gool, Programme manager SSMS, telephone +31 – (0)70 – 445 7029, email S.M.email@example.com.
Want more information on the application process? Then contact Resourcing, via +31 (0)70-445 8612 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct