- NHL Stenden Hogeschool
- HBO, Gepromoveerd
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0.4 fte, max. 1 fte
- min. 10 (€2.845,48 - €4.307,66), max. 11 (€3.658,64 - €5.026,85)
- Pabo & lerarenopleidingen
For its Academy of Communication & Creative Business, NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences is looking for suitable candidates for the position of
Lecturer/coach Creative Business
5,0 Fte (starting date is immediately if possible)
Would you like to contribute to the quality of education and to the social task of universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands? Are you the link between education and the creative business industry?
Who are we looking for
We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues with a passion for education and coaching students in becoming a creative business professional. You have up-to-date professional knowledge and experience in the creative industry in a media-related field/environment.
Where will you be working
The Academy of Communication & Creative Business, with over 90 colleagues and 1,600 (national and international) students, consists of a young and enthusiastic teaching/support team. We value self-initiative, creativity, commitment and dialogue. We celebrate successes together with our students. We aim to develop education together with the creative (media) industry, both nationally as well as internationally. Working from the educational concept ‘Design-Based Education’, we aim to immerse our students in real-life design processes.
What will you be doing
Your core task will be coaching students, as well as coordinating and developing modules in line with our Design-Based Education concept. You will be coaching students in developing research-based deliverables that have direct practical value for our promoters/clients - both offline and online. Another responsibility of the position is mentoring/coaching students in their personal and professional development in becoming a creative business professional.
- Broad experience in and knowledge of the creative (media) industry, e.g. developing, setting up and heading interactive or social media, entertainment, film, music, (serious) gaming, or other new media;
- Linking creativity with business sense, having an eye for new business and revenue models;
- Knowledge of trends and topics in creative business, such as branding, design thinking, new marketing models and technology, SEO and SEA, artificial intelligence and big data;
- (Extensive) experience in developing media products and services (you know what is going on in the media industry and can respond to this);
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a result-oriented attitude and an intercultural orientation;
- Knowledge of how to coach and mentor students in a creative design process;
- Experience as a teacher in higher education is a plus, not a must;
- A basic qualification of didactic competence or the willingness to attain it;
- Fluent in English, preferably (but not necessarily) fluent in Dutch.
For Associate Degree / Bachelor
- Experience in concept & format development for media products;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field i.e. creative business, media & entertainment management, design, journalism;
- Experience as an entrepreneur in the creative business is a plus, not a must;
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or the willingness to attain it.
For Bachelor / master
- Master’s degree or PhD (preferred) relevant for content and media strategy i.e. (media) marketing, communication, (media) marketing research, design research;
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with research;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- A relevant network and the ability to bring about cooperation between the professional field and education.
About NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
Make it happen by doing. That is what we believe in at NHL Stenden. We grant our students the opportunity to develop their talents to the fullest. They choose their own direction for their studies and professional growth in a challenging learning environment. We foster strong bonds with companies and organizations in the region but also abroad.
Being an international multi campus university, we stimulate our students to venture beyond their own professional area, thus gaining new knowledge and participating in innovative projects. We create a meeting point where knowledge and culture join and where we make new connections with the professional field. NHL Stenden ambitiously provides knowledge that works!
What we offer
The employment regards the position of lecturer/researcher A or B. The salary consists of, dependent on age and experience, a maximum of either € 4.307,66 or €5.026,85 (level 10 or 11 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Universities of Applied Sciences) gross per month for a fulltime position, exclusive of 8% holiday benefits and an 8.3% year-end bonus. The agreement will initially be entered into for the duration of 1 year.
Are you the enthusiastic and inspiring colleague that we are looking for? Please send your motivation and curriculum vitae with the application button to the attention of mister Merlijn Torensma, indicating subject 2653 ACCB.
You may respond until May 17th. Interviews will be held in weeks 22/23. For content inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Annalies Brijker for the Associate Degree programme, Merlijn Torensma or Robert Keun for the bachelor programme and Bianca Harms for the master's programme.
Annalies Brijker: phone number +31 (0)6-19273575 / email@example.com
Bianca Harms: phone number +31 (0)6-19273630 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Merlijn Torensma: phone number +31 (0)6-43006913 / email@example.com.
Robert Keun: phone number +31 (0)6-46064470 / Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org .
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct