- Avans Hogeschool
- Breda (Noord-Brabant)
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 11 (€3.392,46 - €4.661,12)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
The Research Group Analysis Techniques in Life Sciences conducts research on forensic analysis. As an independent researcher at post-doctoral level, you will conduct analytical chemical research on hair during this project, analysing donors’ features, diet, habits and activities. A grant from the Taskforce for Applied Research SIA (NRPO SIA) has been awarded for this research. Working together with the Netherlands Forensic Institute (NFI), you will collaborate with several parties, including the Maastricht MultiModal Molecular Imaging Institute (M4I) and the lecturers and students from Avans University of Applied Sciences who are respectively teaching and studying the major in Forensic Research. Most work will be conducted at Avans's dedicated laboratory in Breda, which is equipped with various instruments used for mass spectrometry. You will conduct some work at M4I in Maastricht.
Avans University of Applied Sciences: we make a difference
Avans University of Applied Sciences has 48 higher professional education study programmes, 29,500 students and 2,800 employees. It has been in the top three of Dutch universities of applied sciences for many years. Avans has campuses in Breda, 's-Hertogenbosch and Tilburg. We maintain high academic standards. For ourselves as well.
The School of Life Sciences and Environmental Technology at Avans University of Applied Sciences in Breda offers 4 study programmes: the Bachelor of Chemistry, the Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, the Bachelor of Biology & Medical Laboratory Research and the English-language Bachelor of Environmental Science for Sustainable Energy and Technology ESSET. The major in Forensic Research is offered as part of the Bachelor of Biology & Medical Laboratory Research and the Bachelor of Chemistry.
The school has approximately 1,800 students and 160 members of staff. Around 300 students study the major in Forensic Research The school also has 3 research groups: Analysis Techniques in the Life Sciences, Biobased Energy and Biobased Products.
This temporary position falls under the Research Group Analysis Techniques in Life Sciences and is valid for the lifetime of the project entitled ‘SherLOK; Profilering van personen door forensische analyse en imaging van haar’ (‘SherLOCK: Person profiling through forensic analysis and imaging of hair’). For the research conducted at Maastricht University, you will be able to use the state-of-the-art imaging technology at the Maastricht MultiModal Molecular Imaging Institute (M4I).
- You have a university degree in chemistry (preferably analytical chemistry), biomedical sciences or health sciences.
- You have a PhD or expect to receive your PhD soon.
- You have an affinity with forensic research, particularly toxicological forensic research.
- You are an expert in mass spectrometry. Knowledge of MS imaging is an asset.
- You are a team player and work well with various partners both within and outside the university of applied sciences.
- You are enthusiastic about your subject and can inspire students and colleagues.
- Your coaching skills mean you can easily involve work placement trainees and final-year students in your research.
Avans University of Applied Sciences is committed to bringing out the best in people. It has a reputation for being an excellent employer. We live up to our commitment by offering attractive employment conditions.
- We offer you plenty of opportunity for personal and professional development.
- You will receive a monthly salary in scale 11, €3,392.46 - €4,661.12 gross based on a full-time position. This is in accordance with the Higher Professional Education Collective Labour Agreement.
- A year-end bonus in the form of a thirteenth month's salary is a standard remuneration component.
- We offer an appointment for 1 year. Depending on performance, the appointment may be extended to the end of the project's lifetime (2 years).
- We offer you the position of lecturer, or ‘docent hbo’ in Dutch. This is the official job title.
If you are sure this job is the right fit for you and you are keen to join Avans, please apply before 3 May 2018 stating vacancy number 18/043. We aim to inform you of the status of your application within 2 weeks of the closing date. Should you have any further questions about this position, please contact Theo Noij, Professor of Analysis Techniques in Life Sciences, 06 - 27 85 65 24 or Ben de Rooij, Project Manager, 088 - 525 71 69. Should you have any further questions about the application procedure, please contact Ingrid Kremers, Vice Dean of the School of Life Sciences and Environmental Technology, 06 - 46 14 09 10.
Please note that this vacancy is advertised simultaneously, internally as well as externally. We will remove this vacancy from our website after the closing date. No rights may be derived from the content of this text. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct