- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- Onderzoek / Lector
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 0,8 fte
- max. 15 (€5.375,64 - €6.940,60)
- Stafdienst (algemeen), Economie
The professor of Multilevel Regulation initiates and conducts practice oriented (applied) research in the area of alternative dispute resolution and possible legal consequences. You inspire the members of the research group. You engage at all levels: you stimulate collaboration with colleagues and students at THUAS to enrich the curriculum and build sustainable relationships with the professional and educational field. You connect the THUAS practices to international research programmes. You play an important role in the further development of the research platform Good Governance for a Safe World and the research in the Dutch and European and International Law programmes (that cater to over 2000 students).
The Professor of Multilevel Regulation has a number of responsibilities:
- to initiate and conduct practice oriented research in the area of Multilevel Regulation, addressing regional, national and international questions;
- intensify and liaise with regional, national and international networks;
- to participate actively in the research platform Good Governance for a Safe World;
- to collaborate with partners in the (academic) field of practice to assemble research oriented subjects, to conduct research and embed research results;
- to enhance interconnection between research and education the faculty and THUAS, working closely together with the programme managers of the different programmes;
- to involve students in the research group (e.g. graduate research; sub study research) process;
- To publish and present research results and materializing them in our educational programmes;
- To supervise lecturers and PhDs in conducting research projects;
- To acquire subsidies and expand contract research (building up to 30% external income for the research group in 2020);
- To supervise the research group Multilevel Regulation;
- To advise the Board, management and lecturers on the developments in Multilevel Regulation;
- To coach and stimulate lecturers and staff in their professional development;
- To play an active role in the public debate on relevant topics;
The Hague University of Applied Sciences (THUAS) has a highly diverse and international(ly oriented) student population. We strive to be a place where world citizenship, internationalization and networking come together. We invest in knowledge development, knowledge sharing and innovation. We value our international operating regional partners. We focus on the interaction between practice oriented research and education. The Hague University of Applied Sciences has identified four strategic themes for its research in relation to both the educational programmes and professional practice: Good Governance for a Safe World, Quality of Life: People and Technology; Next Economy en Connected Learning.
The research platform Good Governance for a Safe World is launching a new research group of Multilevel Regulation, positioned in the faculty of Public Management, Law and Safety. We are looking for a professor (0.8 fte) to lead this new research group.
Traditional dispute resolution based on current laws and the constitutional framework does not always resolve the disputes of this and future eras. The complexity of society, with interaction between different stakeholders (for instance international organisations, multinationals et cetera), requires alternatives for the traditional dispute resolution, e.g. alternative dispute resolution at different levels and in different ways (not in court).
The professor of Multilevel Regulation will initiate and conduct practice oriented research on these developments and find answers to questions such as:
- What are suitable and effective ways to settle legal differences?
- Which stakeholders, what rules and principles might play a role?
- What demands does multilevel regulation pose on the competences and skills of legal and other professionals?
We are looking for an inspiring, experienced and entrepreneurial researcher with strong communicational skills. Networking is your second nature. You are a charismatic leader, with a sound professional track record on national and international level in the area of Multilevel Regulation.
The job requirements for this vacancy:
- PhD in Law or a related field of relevance to the field of Multilevel Regulation;
- A sound track record in practice oriented) research in the field of Multilevel regulation, proven by state of the art (academic) publications in national and international relevant journals, presentations and participation in conferences;
- A clear vision on the developments in Multilevel Regulation in relevant practices and the developments and effects on Higher Education;
- Substantial theoretical and practical knowledge of global learning and related areas;
- Experience in supervising a research group or team;
- A relevant (international) network in this domain;
- Experience in acquiring contract research and (national and international) subsidies;
- You have a good command of the English and Dutch language.
- You have strong intercultural communication skills and you can easily deal with a diversity of people and roles
What we offer
The Hague University of Applied Sciences is an innovative institute in an attractive environment, well placed in The Hague as a large city, the heart of the international city of peace and justice. We offer an inspiring research oriented environment with four research platforms, over 20 research groups and more than 50 bachelor and master programmes that embrace practice oriented research.
Apart from this, we offer the following.
- A salary up to Euro 6.940,60 gross per month (scale 15) for full-time employment, not including 8% holiday allowance (our employment terms and conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education);
- An end of year bonus;
- An appointment term of four years;
- A 0.8 fte appointment (negotiable);
- A generous leave policy of around 45 days with a full-time appointment, not including the mandatory days off and national holidays;
- An easily accessible work space (in The Hague) by both car (plenty of parking facilities) and train (next to the Holland Spoor station);
- The Lighthouse: A platform for encounters, inspiration and innovation at The Hague University of Applied Sciences, with a varied programme of lectures, inspiring stories, discussions and debates, workshops, exhibitions films and performances;
- A large network and a dynamic environment among young, motivated international students.
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is 22 October 2017. The selection process consists of an initial interview with the selection committee, then a presentation based on an assignment to the selection and advisory committees, and a third meeting with the Executive Board member responsible for Research and a professor. THUAS candidates follow the same path in the selection process, parallel to this process.
An online assessment may be included in the selection procedure.
Do you want more information?
For detailed information about this vacancy, please contact Liduine Bremer, Faculty Director Public Management, Law and Safety and Chairman of the research platform Good Governance for a Safe World, by contacting Sanny de la Bretonière, 070-4457401 or email: S.delaBretoniere@hhs.nl.
Do you want more information on the application process? Please, contact the Resourcing team at 070-4458612 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to the e-mail addresses mentioned above will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct