- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- Ondersteunend / Staf
- min. 1 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 7 (€2.411,30 - €3.264,65)
Functie-inhoudScope: 40 hours (1 fte)
Work location: Vlissingen
Are you ready for the second step in your career? If so, we are looking for you! As Junior Office Manager of the International Office team, you will make an important contribution to the growth of HZ as an international community. A community that now consists of around 650 international students from more than 60 different countries. Within this role, you will make a difference in the efficiency of the entire department. Will you help our international community grow further?
Your job as office manager
During the day, you will be responsible for keeping all work activities of the International Office running smoothly, and support your team in the daily activities within the office.
A day as an office manager is very varied. Your day starts with dealing with incoming e-mails from students, colleagues, and all kinds of internationals, such as international relations, study applicants, and parents. Where necessary, you make sure that issues reach the right person. You then support your colleague in following up all the leads that have come in via various platforms. After a cup of coffee and a chat with your colleague, you continue with a blog text about studying in the Netherlands, which you then post on one of our online platforms.
After lunch you order some promotion materials that a colleague needs for an event. Immediately, you send some emails to the parties collaborating with your department on the event. The rest of the afternoon you work with your colleague on a recruitment activity for international students, aiming to increase student enrolments. And if something has gone wrong during the day? Then you jump right in to offer support to your colleague.
This is what you enjoy doing
- Content creation (s.a. blogs, webinars and promotion texts)
- Supporting colleagues
- Collaborating and coordinating with different people every time
- Operational account management of online networks
- Arranging promotion material
- Solving problems in a creative and inventive way
International Office provides information about studying at our university of applied sciences to international students and takes care of all matters for students who want to come to study in the Netherlands from abroad. The small team is part of the Department of Marketing, Communications and Internationalisation, which consists of a variety of colleagues. The team is driven and well-matched, but sociability and fun is certainly not lacking either.
It's in your DNA
You work together as one team to fulfil the common goal. With your organisational skills, you create synergy in the department. You are also accurate and proactive. Being a HZ Alumni is preferred. And if you have international experience yourself as a student or have worked at an international company, that's a bonus! Furthermore, you have:
- A relevant, completed associate degree (for example International Business of Tourism Management)
- An excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Experience in supportive office work, this could also be internship experience
- Command of the Dutch language is preferred
Grow with us
We believe that futureproof education starts with our employees. That is why, in addition to a vibrant working environment, we also offer:
- A contract for 1 year, in the position of secretarial assistant. Renewal of this appointment will depend on your personal functioning and formative space;
- A gross monthly salary between € 2.348,86 and € 3.264,65 for full-time employment (scale 7 according to CLA HBO);
- 8.3% end-of-year payment, 8% holiday pay and possibly a contribution towards travel and/or working from home expenses;
- Approximately 53 holidays if you work full time;
- Every opportunity to work on your personal and professional development;
- Freedom and independence in your work;
- Fun activities organised as part of HZ Fun, HZ Sport and HZ Cult, and free access to HZ Vitality Center.
Working at HZ University of Applied Sciences: the personal university
Together with around 600 employees and 5000 students, we dedicate ourselves, through innovative education and research, to our mission of contributing to a better world.
Working at HZ means working in a vibrant community which offers all the space and every opportunity for unique ideas and the development of your talents, so that you can grow. Everywhere, the door is always open, so you can just walk in for a chat with any colleague. Because ultimately, we are all in it together. Whether you work as a lecturer, janitor, marketing or ICT staff, HR advisor or financial manager: together we contribute to a better, sustainable world. That is the strength of our personal university of applied sciences.
Will you become the driving force behind our team? Then apply no later than Tuesday 6 December 2022 via the application button below. Still prefer to get some more information first? Hugo Massar (International Student Recruitment Coordinator) can tell you more about this position. Hugo can be reached at email@example.com.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 15 December 2022. Are we both convinced that we are a good fit? Then you will start in your new role as Junior Office Manager as soon as possible.
At HZ University of Applied Sciences, we recruit our new colleagues ourselves
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct